hydraulic line return at dip stick

/ hydraulic line return at dip stick #2  
I really like that ! That should really help those that on't have a return to tank port..
Do you net a new dip stick to make up for the adapter, of just subtract for the adapter ?
Either way, a great idea !

If they had had it when I was trying to figure out a place to return, I would have bought 1..
I had to make another inspection plate, drill a hole and add fittings

/ hydraulic line return at dip stick #3  
Yeah my return is in an adapter like that. 026.jpg I also added a filter to act as a breather to see if it stops it leaking oil out around the shifter boot but it didn't :thumbdown:

/ hydraulic line return at dip stick #4  
where did you get your adapter ? They 1 you have has a place for 2 hose connections

/ hydraulic line return at dip stick #6  
Thanks again Winston! We are going to have to put you on the payroll :)

A lot of the original Japanese installed loaders also had similar adapters. They work really well but we could not find them any more so we had a batch made up.

It does not come with a longer dipstick so you should just keep the extra height in consideration when checking. I don't think you would ever hurt anything by adding an extra inch of oil though either. We can also make custom aluminum dipsticks to any length you want.

/ hydraulic line return at dip stick #7  
I think a kit with a new stick would be a cool addition to it. But i agree i doubt an extra inch of oil or half inch or whatever just to get on the Original stick would hurt. If anything be better as more fluid

/ hydraulic line return at dip stick #8  
I'd also like to think that more fluid is better. But I do know that adding too much oil to an engine allows it to get frothy with air and loses its lubricicity. Not sure if that would a happen In a gear box.

/ hydraulic line return at dip stick #9  
I think overfilling the gearbox of an old tractor comes out the axle seals. And on these Yanmars, it possibly leaks into the brake enclosures as well. Those areas should be splash-lubricated, not continually submerged.

/ hydraulic line return at dip stick #10  
The last time I serviced My Trans. Hyd. Fluid I over filled it. I was using a large funnel and apparently I wasn't far from being full the last I checked it. Wasn't a lot but I would get a leak at the Axle when I parked it after use. But now after the level has lowered and is at the top of the Hatch Marks it's stopped to a Drip or Two if any . That is putting the dip stick in until the Threads stop it.