Hydraulic Motor questions... 101...

/ Hydraulic Motor questions... 101... #11  
Junkman I have a Woods snowblower with a manual chute. However my exploded parts diagram shows how the hydraulic motor can be used to drive it. it also calls for one 3/8 inch swivel flow restrictor 1/32" hole size to slow the hyd. motor down. If you PM me a fax number I will be more than happy to fax these diagrams to you ASAP. Possibly you can use one or more of the ideas on your blower.

/ Hydraulic Motor questions... 101... #12  
My 2 cents,
I obtained an electric wheelchair motor for $50 (Cdn) and attached a 3" sprocket.
The motor is very much like a boston gear 90deg reduction gear motor only in 12 or 24vdc.
I then literally wrapped a matching chain around the chute attaching it to a welded anchor point that had 2 holes drilled to accept the chain ends.
This bracket or tab I located such that I could get my desired left /right limits, ie with chute blowing about 30 deg fwd on left side when the tab was at near travel limit.
I also used a threaded rod (short bolt) to serve as an adjuster.
I ran this setup all last winter with no problems at all.
The wheel chair motor is a worm gear drive rig designed for slow speed and oodles of torque.
I found that with the chute (chain and sprocket) all iced up there was enough power to break it loose easily.
Up here folks also use these drive motors to roll/retract dump truck tarps as well.
Being a DC motor wireing is a simple rocker switch with center off and spring loaded both sides.(DPDT)=$10.00
Total traversing from side to side is about 15-20 seconds and with a rocker switch you can place it about anywhere you wish unlike a hydraulic valve.
Oh, and over the top of the sprocket I made a 4" poly washer to prevent crap from entering the sprocket. Luckily the output shaft had a threaded hole in the end to facilitate this.

/ Hydraulic Motor questions... 101... #13  
Cool, Piloon. Any chance of a photo? I salvaged an automotive electric window operator motor for my blower. I hope that works OK, but I dont know how much torque it has.

/ Hydraulic Motor questions... 101... #14  
The window motor should work if you can attach the sproket to it ok. You might have to gear it a bit slower with sprockets, but it would just move slower. With a good enough gear ratio or a long enough lever you can move almost anything, just slower /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ben

/ Hydraulic Motor questions... 101... #15  
You might consider trying a wiper motor. It has right angle gear reduction and enough limited torque to prevent the stopping problem. Available everywhere for a buck or two.