Hydraulic oil smell

/ Hydraulic oil smell #1  

Wacky

Veteran Member
Tractor
2010 GC2610
I noticed only when I curl the bucket on the FEL, I get a wiff of hydraulic oil. Cannot find any dampness anywhere. Any ideas?

/ Hydraulic oil smell #2  
I noticed only when I curl the bucket on the FEL, I get a wiff of hydraulic oil. Cannot find any dampness anywhere. Any ideas?

Probably smelling the venting. I know I get whiffs at certain times and especially during warm up driving (driving while not up to temp) and even sometimes when I really push it hard in the dirt.

No liquid drips would suggest it is merely venting.

/ Hydraulic oil smell
Never thought of that....Makes sense. I noticed it mostly on the hills this weekend when I was removing landscape timbers. I will do some investigating to find out where the vent is to make sure it doesn't get plugged off or me getting water down it when I wash the machine. Thanks.:thumbsup:

/ Hydraulic oil smell #4  
You are welcome.

Power washing is somewhat troublesome in this regard. Thus, I do not do it. Mainly because I do not yet have a power washer:laughing:

I like the more gentle approach of a standard hose anyhow. Besides, come winter? Snow plowing is the best tractor cleaning machine I can think of.

/ Hydraulic oil smell
Yep.. I power wash......everything.....I just like to keep it clean and new looking.:cool: I do the radiator and engine too. Just wait till it cools, spray down with simple green, let it soak a few, then let loose. Then I grease the zerks that I get too carried away with. Then sit back and:drool:.:laughing:

/ Hydraulic oil smell #6  
I get that same smell from time to time especially from the FEL and BH. I pressure wash my tractor but only the tires and buckets. I stay away from electical and engine componants.

/ Hydraulic oil smell #7  
Yep.. I power wash......everything.....I just like to keep it clean and new looking.:cool: I do the radiator and engine too. Just wait till it cools, spray down with simple green, let it soak a few, then let loose. Then I grease the zerks that I get too carried away with. Then sit back and:drool:.:laughing:

You have good reason to :drool:...

...It's a great looking tractor.:thumbsup::laughing:

/ Hydraulic oil smell #8  
Wacky, the vent is part of the plug, where you put hydro fluid in. Just unscrew it, clean it off and try to blow through it. You should be able to easily.

/ Hydraulic oil smell #9  
i tend to notice the smell when mine is hot, especially when running the backhoe hard.

careful you don't pressure wash the decals off.:D

/ Hydraulic oil smell
You have good reason to :drool:...

...It's a great looking tractor.:thumbsup::laughing:

:laughing: Thanks!:thumbsup:

Wacky, the vent is part of the plug, where you put hydro fluid in. Just unscrew it, clean it off and try to blow through it. You should be able to easily.

Great, thanks for the info:thumbsup:!
careful you don't pressure wash the decals off.:D

:laughing: I hear ya!