Hydraulic pressure question

/ Hydraulic pressure question
Any updates Baz ?

Yup. I was just going to post the update today. The bolts needed to be tightened on the hydraulic pump. I finally got a chance to get under the tractor and mess around with it 2 days ago. Luckily I have a ton of extra allen wrenches because I had to shorten 2 of them to be able to insert them into the bolts without taking the pump off. Almost every bolt got at least a half turn or full turn before being tightened completely. Even the mounting bolts needed tightening.

I was able to up the pressure and it would hold steady after the adjustment. I didn't adjust it to max just yet because I did put in some AW 46 hydraulic oil before I did anything with the pump. I was able to use it and it seemed ok on Wednesday so I will adjust it to where it should be this weekend. I did check the bolts again last night and 1 needed a quarter turn but all the rest were good. I will have to keep an eye on it though. If they happen to get loose again then I will most likely have to take the pump off and clean everything up and put some locktight on them. Its not a project that I have time for right now so all I need to do is get the manure piles cleaned up and I'll be good to go.

/ Hydraulic pressure question #22  
Good deal glad too hear at least you got it fiqured out ..............

Its still not perfect but it was good enough to be able to move some poo. I still cant get the pressure to where it needs to be but I am not sure if the heavier oil is affecting that or not. I know when I first got the pressure gauge together I could get the pressure up to 2200 to 2300. Then I switched out the oil to the heavier weight and I could only get it to 2000 to 2100 before it would begin to drop. Then I tightened the bolts and I could get it to hold steady at 2100 or 2200 if I really rev'd it up. It seems odd that I would be able to get more psi out of the hydraulic/trans fluid than I would the AW 46. I wonder if anyone has experienced something similar...

/ Hydraulic pressure question #24  
Wondering if the heavier oil is causing the pump to cavitate? Too small a suction line for the thicker oil? Just throwing it out there............Mike

Not sure. I did read something about heavier oil possible creating friction if its too heavy for the machine...I still have the hydraulic fluid I emptied out that was new and clean. When I have time I'll have to empty it again and refill with the fluid. Just a Pita cause its 13.7 gallons....

/ Hydraulic pressure question #26  
These posts are really old. I am hoping someone is still around that can help me with my Farmtract 665 DTC. My loader hooks up to the rear remote. For the three-point to work, I have to switch the rear remote control value, then back again to use the FEL. Could anyone tell me how the FEL should be plumbed to the rear remotes?

Thanks