Hydraulic pump change Kubota L5450

/ Hydraulic pump change Kubota L5450 #1  

fandango

Tractor
Kubota L5450
Looking at changing pump, but worried it maybe above my skill set. Has anyone here changed one on this model? Up here in Canada they are charging $1250 for it so I want to make sure I don't screw it up. Thanks

/ Hydraulic pump change Kubota L5450 #2  
Welcome to this forum
What type hyd diagnostics have been performed to determine hyd pump needs to be replaced or is pump body cracked?

/ Hydraulic pump change Kubota L5450 #3  
According to my Kubota dealer they are not rebuildable and I'd have a qualified dealer do the replacement. Not a shade tree mechanic job.

/ Hydraulic pump change Kubota L5450 #4  
  1. Consult a Professional: Seek advice from a qualified mechanic or a certified technician who specializes in your tractor model. They can provide guidance and may even offer to assist or supervise your efforts.
  2. Online Resources: Look for online forums or communities where experienced individuals share their experiences and provide step-by-step guides for tractors excavator hydraulic pump maintenance. Videos and tutorials can be valuable resources.
  3. Safety First: Ensure you have the necessary tools, safety equipment, and workspace. Keep in mind that incorrect installation can lead to severe damage or safety hazards.
  4. Budget for Contingencies: If you choose to proceed, have a backup plan in case you encounter difficulties. Remember, saving money on parts might cost more in repairs if done incorrectly.
Excuse the ignorance on my part, but what's so complicated about this pump that requires all that?