hydraulic pump mounting bracket

/ hydraulic pump mounting bracket #1  

montville524

Tractor
kubota m6800
I have a kohler 12 hp magnum motor off from a garden tractor I want to use on a wood splitter. I can only find a mounting bracket to fit this motor for a 16 gpm hydraulic pump, but I wuold like to use a 22 gpm .doe's anyone have any leads. also if I have to use the 16 gpm pump, would a 4 1/2 x 24 in. ram work ok with this combination

/ hydraulic pump mounting bracket #2  
are you talking about log splitter pumps? if you are and assume that it runs fast for the whole stroke the 16gpm will give you 6.2 seconds to extend and the 22gpm pump will be 4.5 seconds. the retract times will be slightly lower because the rod displaces some of the volume of the cylinder.

I am not sure about HP requirements but the above times are what you can expect for easy to split wood.

Payton

/ hydraulic pump mounting bracket
I was trying to get the most splitting power out of the 12hp motor.would the 16 gpm do the job or should I keep looking for a mount that will fit this motor for the 22gpm pump.I am going to set this up on a 8x8 beam

/ hydraulic pump mounting bracket #4  
More flow will NOT get you more POWER...just faster time. If you want more bang for the buck...you need a two stage pump.

/ hydraulic pump mounting bracket #5  
I needed an adapter for a special application and these folks had what I needed. I talked to a lady there that knew more about pump and engine adapters than I ever thought possible. They can even machine diffenent applications or sell you a half machined casting to finish your self.

I am not going to tell you what you are wanting to do won't work because I don't know. But here is the adapter information you wanted. They may be able to advise you on pump size.

Stub Shafts, Spline Couplings, Drive Couplings & More - HayesCouplings.com

Dan

More flow will NOT get you more POWER...just faster time. If you want more bang for the buck...you need a two stage pump.

yes this is a barnes 2 stage pump

thanks for the contact information,I will give them a call

/ hydraulic pump mounting bracket #8  
The 12 horse will be plenty...

/ hydraulic pump mounting bracket #9  
I am going to be doing something almost exactly like this. Have 12HP (might be a 14hp) vertical from a lawn tractor.

For the huge price difference, the 16gpm 2-stage is the way to go.

DanD78, thanks for the link. I was thinking I may have to fabricate my own adapter bracket. But also, they make an L bracket for the pump only, seems that would work, as long as the builder keeps the motor shaft and pump shaft aligned while fabricating.

Does this sound correct?

here is an example of the L bracket:
Angle Type Mount | Motors + Mounting Brackets | Northern Tool + Equipment

/ hydraulic pump mounting bracket #10  
I happen to like belt driven pumps.