Hydraulic question for post driver

/ Hydraulic question for post driver #22  
   / Hydraulic question for post driver
If it is one of these in any size it will not work on the return line as it will restrict flow too much. It has to have free flow.
6-6-6S | Set of 3/8" Hydraulic Quick Disconnects (Steel): DiscountHydraulicHose.com

These might work, I've never used them and don't know much about them but they claim there is no valve. Its not that any of the above couplers can't handle the flow its that they have a restriction and you have to have no restriction: Straight Through (No Valves)

Thank you.

I have been informed by the supplier of the post driver that I will arrive on Monday of next week so I plan to head to my Kubota dealer over the weekend and see what they recommend.

Thanks for all that have posted.

I will take a picture and post once I have the post driver assembled, attached and I have driven my first post, or will come back with questions when it doesn't work!

/ Hydraulic question for post driver #25  
If you can find a way to just pipe the return in direct to the transmission fill port you will be best off. It might nt be hard to do, if your kubota dealer seems clueless tell them you have to dump a return line into the fill port and see what they come up with.
Which driver did you end up buying?

/ Hydraulic question for post driver #26  
What distributor did you order it from? This guy Arganbright Land Improvement, LLC is as best a source of knowledge as you can get on Shaver Post drivers and will have the fittings you would need to hook up to your Kubota.

If you can find a way to just pipe the return in direct to the transmission fill port you will be best off. It might nt be hard to do, if your kubota dealer seems clueless tell them you have to dump a return line into the fill port and see what they come up with.
Which driver did you end up buying?

What distributor did you order it from? This guy Arganbright Land Improvement, LLC is as best a source of knowledge as you can get on Shaver Post drivers and will have the fittings you would need to hook up to your Kubota.

I got at Shaver HD-8 from Everything Attachments.

/ Hydraulic question for post driver #28  
If it is one of these in any size it will not work on the return line as it will restrict flow too much. It has to have free flow.
6-6-6S | Set of 3/8" Hydraulic Quick Disconnects (Steel): DiscountHydraulicHose.com

These might work, I've never used them and don't know much about them but they claim there is no valve. Its not that any of the above couplers can't handle the flow its that they have a restriction and you have to have no restriction: Straight Through (No Valves)

My experience differs. A 3/4 inch ISO style coupler or a high flow spec flat face coupler will flow enough oil to allow the post driver to work as designed.

So as a brief update:

The post driver took way longer than anticipated to be delivered and, last night, I had my first attempt at placing some posts.

I connected both hoses from the driver to the rear remote attachments (expecting the driver to be able to go up and down but not with any real power on the down stroke) and it appeared to work fine. Of course, the difficulty is that I don't have anything to compare it to.

It was able to drive a number of 7 foot long, 4 inch pointed posts with no issues at all and, from my memory of doing the same with a Wheatland tow behind driver last year, it was comparable.

The only thing that went wrong was that I needed to be able to drive the posts so that they were left 4 feet out of the ground. I couldn't do this as the driver hits the floor before reaching such a depth. I then read the specifications and it appears that it can only drive posts to 53". Bummer.

Tonight I am going to attempt to get the height above ground by cutting some old, larger diameter posts to a length of around 3 feet and see if by putting them on top of the posts I am driving, I can get the posts to 48" inches above ground. I am well aware of the danger of doing so so if anyone has tried something similar before and has been able to make it work, I would love to hear about it.