Hydraulic Return Hose Collapse

/ Hydraulic Return Hose Collapse #21  
looks like you have a 5 series jd did you take the screen out of the bottom of the transmission and wash it in diesel and blow it out with air? stopped up screen or filter can cause that.

/ Hydraulic Return Hose Collapse
I did and it seemed to get worse.. I haven't had time to mess with it this week.

/ Hydraulic Return Hose Collapse #23  
If item #8 a rubber suction hose, then item 8 is also a suction hose. Is item 8 metal or rubber?.

check item #8 for integrity, no dings, creases, folds, etc.

/ Hydraulic Return Hose Collapse #24  
8 is metal pipe check to see if its flat. recheck screen change filter.

/ Hydraulic Return Hose Collapse #25  
The rubber hose that runs to the pump on our JD is collapsing when it is running. I have changed the filter, hose, cleaned the suck-up screen and put fresh hydraulic oil in, what else can I do.. All the functions do work, just considerably slower than they should.
Thank You !!

Hi, I see it's been quite a while since this post was commented on, but I have tried all of the follow ups that were suggested. I never saw any feedback from anyone as to the fix. It's Dec.2015 and I have the same exact problem. I have a 4200 with a loader. Loader won't work, power steering won't work, 3 point lift won't work. I have replaced the hydraulic filter and fluid, tried it and no improvement. Replaced the hydraulic fluid cap figuring there was a vent hole stopped up, still not the fix. As a matter of fact, I took the cap off, thinking the caps were not vented, gave it all the air possible, system still didn't work. The return/suction hose mounted on top of the pump is collapsing from the top down when I start it up. No pipes have been flattened or damaged. Took the relief valve out from the front of the bucket controller, the spring pushed in, was not frozen.

Anyone know of the fix for this problem, I feel stupid as if I should know what is happening, instead, I'm pulling out the last hairs I have.

/ Hydraulic Return Hose Collapse #26  
Two things will cause it
One blockage between the pump and the transmission.

Two the hose has gone bad and needs replacing eg lost its springiness

/ Hydraulic Return Hose Collapse #27  
Suction screen clogged......and/or the suction hose is the wrong material

Suction hose is manufactured with a wire similar to a slinky molded in the rubber ( not a standard hyd hose with a separate inside liner) ....,or the tractor mfg puts a spring floating inside the hose