Hydraulic return hose

/ Hydraulic return hose #1  

Marslander51

Tractor
New Holland TC 45DA
IMG_1619.jpeg
IMG_1619.jpeg
The new holland part number for “4b” hose is 349550050. It seems to on back order everywhere.
It’s just a small hose carrying hydraulic fluid and is hose clamped to steel lines on both ends. The steel lines are about 9-10 mm diameter.
I’m going to need to procure a replacement hose as soon as possible because it’s seeping past the bottom clamp. Does anyone know what the specification is fo that hose?
Thanks

/ Hydraulic return hose
View attachment 847072View attachment 847072
The new holland part number for “4b” hose is 349550050. It seems to on back order everywhere.
It’s just a small hose carrying hydraulic fluid and is hose clamped to steel lines on both ends. The steel lines are about 9-10 mm diameter.
I’m going to need to procure a replacement hose as soon as possible because it’s seeping past the bottom clamp. Does anyone know what the specification is fo that hose?
Thanks
I just measured the steel lines, they’re 12.65 mm. Exactly 1/2”.

/ Hydraulic return hose #3  
Check with your local auto parts store and see if they have any 1/2" fuel hose. It will work.

/ Hydraulic return hose #5  
Oil cooler hose would be best

/ Hydraulic return hose #6  
If it truly is a return line there should be minimal pressure so any hydraulic rated 1/2" hose and hose clamps should work fine.

/ Hydraulic return hose
If it truly is a return line there should be minimal pressure so any hydraulic rated 1/2" hose and hose clamps should work fine.
Thanks that’s what I was hoping to hear. Being slipped on and clamped, can’t be much pressure. My local Napa has half inch automatic transmission cooler hose.

/ Hydraulic return hose
   / Hydraulic return hose
I just measured the steel lines, they’re 12.65 mm. Exactly 1/2”.
Actually got the hose cleaned up enough to read “DL608 1/2” printed on it. A Parker product that is nationally out of stock. SAE spec 30R, Gates also makes that hose.

/ Hydraulic return hose #10  
View attachment 847072View attachment 847072
Thanks
No, but we know it has to be resistant to hydraulic fluid, fit over the steel lines, and that the pressure rating doesn't matter - because if it did, it wouldn't be held by hose clamps.
I'd go down to NAPA and buy "hydraulic return line hose" (typ. 100/200 psi) in the appropriate diameter. They handle Gates, and that is fine.
To improve the system, replace the hose clamps with constant pressure spring clamps. I use two per connection. The problem with hose clamps is they cannot follow the deflection as the hose ages.

And check if the suction hose also needs replacement... it probably does. Usually replace it twice before the return hose is replaced once. Use the same hose specs as the return.

Leaks in either suction or return hoses as the hose ages are likely to be splits running lengthwise along the inside of the hose between the tube and hose. From the end, they are almost invisible. No amount of tightening will cause that type of split not to leak.
Luck,
rScotty