Hydraulic ssqa augers?

/ Hydraulic ssqa augers? #41  
So do you guys think my L5240 would handle that? Looks like I’m smaller than your MX ... my
Loader is definitely smaller. Do you find your loader strong enough or do you just wish you had more GPM

/ Hydraulic ssqa augers?
For me by the time I bought a new or even nice used 3pt pto digger then added a down pressure kit and all I would have been in it for about as much as the Hydraulic unit I bought. A few guys that have these on there tractors around here really like them, so guess I will find out for myself when it warms back up a bit. I did get my pengo 15" auger and rock head in the other day, very nice quality for sure. Your tractor would handle a low flow unit if that's what your asking, also as Fallon said the higher flow and pressures will allow for more torque to spin the augers, it's not really the speed as much as the power to keep the auger spinning when it gets into hard ground or rocks.

/ Hydraulic ssqa augers? #43  
Slow... It spins in the same ballpark as my PTO PHD did at an idle. I set my auto throttle button to 1900rpm or so. I generally hit that button along with the 3rd function button.

Mine is the small Danhuser model. Something 6 maybe? Rated for up to 15gpm if I recall. It's underpowered, but thats more a function of the max hydraulic pressure & flow of my (or any other CUT) hydraulics than the PHD itself. I'd classify it as adequate, barely. I'd buy it all over again though.

The only way to do better on a CUT is to make a PTO powered hydraulic power pack. That would be around $2k or more. And then the small PHD would probably need a bigger motor to match the bigger pump & flow. Pretty sure all the PHDs in a given line are the same, just with different sized motors on them. And of course the big round vs 2" hex output shaft options.
I find spinning at 1 rev/sec to be fine, I can maybe get to 1.5. Other than when I dig in clay the soil spins off when I pull out of the hole just fine. Digging the speed is less important than cleaning off the auger bit when you pull up.

/ Hydraulic ssqa augers? #44  
For me by the time I bought a new or even nice used 3pt pto digger then added a down pressure kit and all I would have been in it for about as much as the Hydraulic unit I bought. A few guys that have these on there tractors around here really like them, so guess I will find out for myself when it warms back up a bit. I did get my pengo 15" auger and rock head in the other day, very nice quality for sure. Your tractor would handle a low flow unit if that's what your asking, also as Fallon said the higher flow and pressures will allow for more torque to spin the augers, it's not really the speed as much as the power to keep the auger spinning when it gets into hard ground or rocks.

Right, I have a 3pt danuser and see if actually spins much slower than I’d originally thought. It works great but just the thought of reverse seems awesome.

Not sure the cost of the hydros but curious if I sold my 3pt what else I’d need to invest or even if my machine is capable.

/ Hydraulic ssqa augers?
You would just need a auxiliary hydraulic circuit on your loader, such as a 3rd function, diverter, or lines ran from a rear remote.

/ Hydraulic ssqa augers? #46  
So do you guys think my L5240 would handle that? Looks like I’m smaller than your MX ... my
Loader is definitely smaller. Do you find your loader strong enough or do you just wish you had more GPM
Your L5240 is going to be about the same frame & hydraulics as my L4060. You'll have no problems. Plenty of loader for PHD work.

I have the mid sized loader on my L4060. The next HP up can spec the big loader. My loader is definitely the weak link. I really couldn't properly lift a 1901lbs pallet the other day (plus 200-300lbs of forks). Pulled 10-20lbs off & lifted it a ways. Tractor was very stable even being light on ballast. Way more stable than my old L3200 lifting heavy with more & better ballast on half the machine.

/ Hydraulic ssqa augers? #47  
You would just need a auxiliary hydraulic circuit on your loader, such as a 3rd function, diverter, or lines ran from a rear remote.

Yeah, I have 3rd function. Just seems the tractors loader is much weaker than a skid steer....
this is the Danuser I found in everythingattachments
IMG_1363.JPG

/ Hydraulic ssqa augers? #48  
Your L5240 is going to be about the same frame & hydraulics as my L4060. You'll have no problems. Plenty of loader for PHD work.

I have the mid sized loader on my L4060. The next HP up can spec the big loader. My loader is definitely the weak link. I really couldn't properly lift a 1901lbs pallet the other day (plus 200-300lbs of forks). Pulled 10-20lbs off & lifted it a ways. Tractor was very stable even being light on ballast. Way more stable than my old L3200 lifting heavy with more & better ballast on half the machine.

Excellent! This is exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you very much

/ Hydraulic ssqa augers?
That's the one I just bought, with a 9" and a 15" bit. Not saying you couldn't tweak a loader frame but I haven't heard of someone doing it with a auger drive.

/ Hydraulic ssqa augers? #50  
That's the one I just bought, with a 9" and a 15" bit. Not saying you couldn't tweak a loader frame but I haven't heard of someone doing it with a auger drive.
Just look at the single tube on a 3pt PHD, then compare it to 2 loader arms. Then factor in you can crank double the HP through a PTO shaft that you can the hydraulics on a CUT. Granted the PHad is mounted off center on a tractor, but I don't see generating any more forces with a PHD than you can with a bucket.

I only have a 12" for my new hydraulic PHD. May get a 9" if any jobs want smaller holes. A 15" would be pushing the capabilities of the the hydraulics on a CUT I think.