Hydraulic System

/ Hydraulic System #1  

Piper Pacer

Tractor
Ford 1700
All, I have a 1700 Ford tractor with a loader and I'm having problems installing a new loader valve on the tractor.
Here's the story, during my overhaul last month I took the bucket/loader off the tractor and pluged the two ports that went to the loader valve and then had no hydraulics to the 3 point. I installed the loader and hooked up the two lines to the loader valve and I then had hydraulics to the loader and 3 point, everything worked great.
A few weeks ago I tried to install a new loader valve from "Brand", single handle versus the two handled valve, and it would raise the boom but wouldn't let the boom lower unless I put the new loader valve into float. I also noticed that the bucket rollback and tilt wouldn't work properly either.
I'm wondering if the distribution block on the side of the tractor where the hydraulic hoses go to the loader could be causing my problem? The new loader valve is built for flow up to 12gpm and the 1700 puts out 5.8gpm.
What is the distribution block and is it possible that this was installed when the loader was initially put on the tractor to make the loader work?
Could the block be resticting the flow of oil to the loader, although it works fine with the old loader valve?
I sent the new loader valve from "Brand" back to the manufacture to have it tested and it's good and now I'm not sure what to do in order to make it work. I finally resinstalled the old loader valve and the loader works fine.
:confused2:
Any ideas???

/ Hydraulic System #2  
Sounds like your tractor, diverter plate and pump are ok. Something is up with the new valve. My guess is that you have a power beyond valve, and the tank port is plugged.

/ Hydraulic System
I will ask the manufacture and see what they say about power beyond and my new valve. What exactly does the "power beyond" do or what is it for?

/ Hydraulic System #4  
Power beyond allows the oil to flow through the valve, then onto the next valve in line, when the spools are in neutral. A PB valve would have a tank port, that's where the exhaust oil from the cylinders goes.

the new valve should have labels on the ports to ID them.

/ Hydraulic System #5  
When ever you unhook the loader hyd lines you have to install a short jumper hose between the lines that supply the loader. This complets the hyd circuit letting the hyd fluid continue to the TPH. That is why your TPH quit working . There was no fluid going to it. You were also deadheading the pump. You may have damaged the pump. The pressure releif for the hyd system is at the control for the tph. Are you getting your supply for the loader from the block at control valve for the TPH. If you are the fluid goes from the pump to the block at the TPH control valve. Then to the loader control valve. From the loader control valve to the TPH control valve to the lift cyl. for the TPH.
Bill

/ Hydraulic System
Well the loader valve was tested by Brand Hydraulics and found to be good. They did tell me that this new loader valve is not equiped with a Power Beyond cartridge.
The valve is being sent back to me today and when it returns I will try it again. The suggestion now is to swap the inlet and outlet hoses to make sure they aren't going to the wrong port. I'm not sure if this will do anything or not because it works fine with the old loader valve with the lines in the "in" and "out" just as they were on the new valve.

/ Hydraulic System
All, I wanted to give you'll some feedback on the new loader valve that I installed on my tractor. I installed a new "Brand Hydraulics" loader valve which didn't work.
I sent the loader valve back to "Brand" and they tested the valve which tested good.
They told me that it acted like the inlet and outlet lines were reversed but I told them that it was hooked up the same as the old valve, inlet to inlet and outlet to outlet which was marked on both valves. They still thought it acted like it was wrong.
Anyway I received the new tested "Brand Hydraulic" valve back from the manufacture and tried it again. It still wouldn't work so I swapped the inlet and outlet lines and it works like a charm. Not sure why the old two handled valve worked with it reversed but if your trying to install a new loader valve and it doesn't work, try swapping the inlet and outlet lines.

Dennis