Hydraulic top and side link

/ Hydraulic top and side link #11  
I guess my terminology has been wrong - I have always understood that "one remote" meant that you had one remote valve with two connectors. Each connector set (remote) gives a "push" and a "pull" function (more like extend and retract) to the cylinder it's connected to. So I'm installing three remotes, giving me six connectors.

Buying the factory parts to add the VALVES after your initial tractor purchase will be $$$$. Everything I have ever heard says that buying the tractor with them already installed, either at the factory, assembly point, or dealer, is way less expensive. All the factory Kubota parts for 3 "float" valves, hoses, and rear quick connectors for my L4330 were $1800. I bought the top and tilt cylinders from Brian like everybody else on here.

/ Hydraulic top and side link #12  
What I this thread has led you to believe your terminology is wrong?

It is not. As you have it described is correct.

/ Hydraulic top and side link
You never have to go back to the factory manual unit. Unplug the couplers and the cylinder is rock solid. You do not have to have the check valve to be able to do this. Any cylinder will hold while the couplers are disconnected.

Get 2 of the 3 valves with the float feature. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

While some people don't think much about having a hydraulic side link, others would prefer the side link over the top link if they could only have one. Get both, you will not be sorry. I personally use my side link 2-3 times more often than my top link, but I do a lot of grading and do not use a std type box blade.

If only 3 rear remotes are available, you can get a diverter set up to get that 4th one that you may need.

My smaller tractor only had a single factory rear remote available and I ended up needing 4, so I added 3 diverters and now have 4. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good luck with your new tractor. ;)

I was going to make all three float. Is there a advantage to having one that's not?

/ Hydraulic top and side link #15  
I was going to make all three float. Is there a advantage to having one that's not?

Just $$$$ as was just mentioned. A lot of my customers get all float featured valves. Doing a set right now with 5 valves, all with the float feature.

I must have missed some where, :eek: but what tractor are you considering getting?

M7060

/ Hydraulic top and side link #18  
I thought I saw several references to each valve having two remotes. Maybe I'm just confused (as usual).

The Kubota pricing for valves for my 4330 was:

"Kubota has two to choose from. An L8303 (Double Acting Valve) and an L8304 (Float Detent Valve). L8303 - $ 233 & L8304 - $ 293"

So not a huge upcharge to with the float/detent valve.

I've been warned by reputable sources that the Kubota-supplied valves MAY not be the highest quality and most leak-free!

Are you considering or have a hydraulic rear blade? If so, what type?

Honestly i have thought about it but not shopped one. I have a lot of grading on about 25-30 a. Of pasture to do. It has a lot of high and low spots in it that aren't major but it's flood irrigation so they need to go. Haven't decided on the best way yet. Almost seam like I should start with a 3 bottom but not if a blade or a box is the way to go.

/ Hydraulic top and side link #20  
Honestly i have thought about it but not shopped one. I have a lot of grading on about 25-30 a. Of pasture to do. It has a lot of high and low spots in it that aren't major but it's flood irrigation so they need to go. Haven't decided on the best way yet. Almost seam like I should start with a 3 bottom but not if a blade or a box is the way to go.

For your pasture, a LPGS is what I would use. Not to hard to even things out with one of these. The area shown had dips and mounds 18"-24". Took a few hours to get evened out with the LPGS.

Now for creating roads, hard to beat a good rear blade. But then maintain with the LPGS. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• P2090024.JPG
    P2090024.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 120
  • P4260026.JPG
    P4260026.JPG
    392 KB · Views: 104
  • P4260025.JPG
    P4260025.JPG
    383.2 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0181.jpg
    IMG_0181.jpg