hydraulic top link adjustment question

/ hydraulic top link adjustment question
Here's what SSdoxie is talking about in regards to a Quick Hitch. Your implements must be compatable. Allows hitching without leaving the seat.

View attachment 465193

ahhh, right, got you. That is a cool idea. I can see how it would be a lot of work (or in fact impossible) to alter my existing implements though.

There doesn't look to be any locking mechanism, how does that work on the quick hitch?

Last edited:
   / hydraulic top link adjustment question #12  
On my 4240 with a cab and hydraulic top link I find it quite easy to leave the rear window open and reach in to extend or retract the top link as needed. This is of course done with all safety steps taken to keep from getting run over or pinched.

This is what I do also.

/ hydraulic top link adjustment question #13  
There doesn't look to be any locking mechanism, how does that work on the quick hitch?

There are spring loaded hinged tabs that swing out over the lower pins to keep implement locked on. In the picture those T handles on top are pulled back holding the lock tab open. Once you get back in and all 3 hooks engaged get off and snap the lock levers closed.

/ hydraulic top link adjustment question #14  

There are spring loaded hinged tabs that swing out over the lower pins to keep implement locked on. In the picture those T handles on top are pulled back holding the lock tab open. Once you get back in and all 3 hooks engaged get off and snap the lock levers closed.

/ hydraulic top link adjustment question
Thanks for all the info, I feel much more confident ordering one up now.

/ hydraulic top link adjustment question #16  
I like the looks of the top link in your picture with the ball end that screws in or out. Would you mind passing along the website that you found that top link on? Thanks.