Toplink HYDRAULIC TOP LINK

/ HYDRAULIC TOP LINK #1  

flINTLOCK

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH TC40DA 2002
I was thinking about adding a HTL to a TC40 DA to allow me to cross a small shallow creek with relatively steep sides to improve the exit angle during the cross. I would be crossing with disc harrow or landscape rake to work food plots on the other side. Does this sound like it would help?? What are the downsides of HTL other than initial expense??

/ HYDRAULIC TOP LINK #2  
flINTLOCK said:
I was thinking about adding a HTL to a TC40 DA to allow me to cross a small shallow creek with relatively steep sides to improve the exit angle during the cross. I would be crossing with disc harrow or landscape rake to work food plots on the other side. Does this sound like it would help?? What are the downsides of HTL other than initial expense??
From my perspective, there are NO downsides to owning a HTL. But - they won't lift implements any higher than a manual toplink of the same eye-to-eye length. The only difference is that you don't have to get off the tractor shorten a HTL before crossing a creek

//greg//

/ HYDRAULIC TOP LINK #3  
An HTL will not increase the raised height of the implement over what the 3pt normally lifts. It's main function is to adjust the angle of attack of the implement's leading or trailing edge. This will raise either the front or back end of the implement but not raise the entire implement.

/ HYDRAULIC TOP LINK #4  
A question to all out there with more tractor experience and knowledge than me. Can a hydraulic top link be used to apply "down pressure" to a post hole digger (PHD)?

/ HYDRAULIC TOP LINK #5  
I think with most typical PHDs you remove the top link to attach them.

/ HYDRAULIC TOP LINK #6  
Right you are, N80. But, I knew that, just had one of those brain f***s. Do you know of anything available that can be used to apply down pressure?

/ HYDRAULIC TOP LINK #7  
weldingisfun said:
Right you are, N80. But, I knew that, just had one of those brain f***s. Do you know of anything available that can be used to apply down pressure?

ya there is a down pressure kit you can add....

danuser.jpg

/ HYDRAULIC TOP LINK #9  
schmism said:
ya there is a down pressure kit you can add....

danuser.jpg
Schmisn, I can't read what is on that cylinder. Do you happen to know who makes it? Or, better yet, do they have a Website? If I could see a couple more pictures of that from different angles, I know I could build one like 3RRL suggested.

/ HYDRAULIC TOP LINK
Would HTL allow you to more easily sharpen rotary cutter blades without removing them from cutter??