HYDRAULIC - Yanmar Flow for Power Beyond, Power Steering and 3PT

/ HYDRAULIC - Yanmar Flow for Power Beyond, Power Steering and 3PT #41  
Scotty that is good news! From what has happening with mine I wasn't for sure what was wrong with yours, but we have 2 different loader valve manufactures too. Anyways good to hear and hope it works well for you. So far mine has been great.

/ HYDRAULIC - Yanmar Flow for Power Beyond, Power Steering and 3PT #42  
Was the whole point to this to slow the rate of decent down or to speed up one process over another? I cant remember now and don't want to have to read pages to figure out.

I think it related to the slow steering or one operation robbing power from the other and the steering being very sensitive to adjustment of flow.

/ HYDRAULIC - Yanmar Flow for Power Beyond, Power Steering and 3PT #43  
Was the whole point to this to slow the rate of decent down or to speed up one process over another? I cant remember now and don't want to have to read pages to figure out. I think it related to the slow steering or one operation robbing power from the other and the steering being very sensitive to adjustment of flow.

Initially Scotty and I were trying to find a solution for the slow loader response after adding PS to our tractors, but then Scotty ran into another problem with his loader dropping to fast before he could experiment. Also with his help we were able to figure out a different hydraulic flow patter that has worked for me so far.

/ HYDRAULIC - Yanmar Flow for Power Beyond, Power Steering and 3PT #44  
gottcha. Thanks

So you didn't have the fast loader drop also?

/ HYDRAULIC - Yanmar Flow for Power Beyond, Power Steering and 3PT #45  
I did have a fast loader drop, but it wasn't because my loader valve was bad, it was due to the flow pattern which I switched and then that problem was resolved. I also was able to obtain better loader response and Near full PS too.

/ HYDRAULIC - Yanmar Flow for Power Beyond, Power Steering and 3PT #46  
The only update I can share is that Brand replaced my loader valve under warranty - Swapped it in, but besides testing for operation, I have not been able to use the loader with any weight to test the drop rate under load :( Hope to get to that soon, but my schedule has been a bit busy to say the least.
Hi Scotty- Glad to hear you got your loader valve working/replaced. I'm curious. Are you able to lift & curl or lower & dump at the same time? To put it another way, are you able to run the boom and bucket cylinders at the same time? What model valve did you end up with? Thanks.

/ HYDRAULIC - Yanmar Flow for Power Beyond, Power Steering and 3PT
Hi Gang....An update....much success and a costly mistake....

But first...To answer Wooly's question: Yes I can raise the loader and raise the bucket at the same time. I got the LV22 Valve from Brand that also includes float. I did not get regeneration as I just didn't see the need. There are lots of configurations of the LV22 Valve I don't want to confuse anyone because each mounting location might be different therefore change the part number. I will be happy to provide pictures of my set up if anyone is interested.
On to the work I have done on this...

So, the issue I wanted to fix is the loader not being response at low RPM's and having a either or situation. Either my loader function quickly and strongly and I lost Power steering, or I had great power steering with no loader control. I could find a happy medium but that meant good power steering and loader control only at high rpms. This may not seem like an issue, but when you are going into a pile and reduce your rpms/speed, I would lose loader functioning. If I get the RPMs up so I would have loader functioning, I would come into the pile way to fast. It was a mess and just begging for me to break something.

I have a reputable local hydraulics shop somewhat nearby and I took my drawings down to them. They agreed that taking the out flow of the power steering (instructions say to go to the tank) and combining it with the EX port of the Flow Control Valve would not hurt anything. Instead of a Y like Jtullis did they suggested I use a T.

So that’s what I did and it gave me the following:
1. Loader response was much quicker at lower RPM's - Just like it was before I added Power Steering
2. Power steering response was stronger and easier to steer with.
3. The wheels turned to the left constantly.
4. Loader and power steering worked together and didn't cut each other off
5. 3pt does not work when using the loader - That's normal in my opinion because my 3pt is plumbed using Power Beyond so the loader valve has to be in the open center (not being used) position for oil to flow to the 3pt.

When driving the tractor it would noticeably pull to the left and wasn't difficult to hold it steady, but if you let go of the wheel it would turn to the left pretty quickly. I adjusted the FCR and regardless of the adjustment it made no change. This makes perfect sense because the FCR is just splitting the flow and I am combining it back, so the sum is the same. Honestly, at this point I was pretty happy but I took a trip back to the hydraulics place and they felt I was having back pressure through the system and we agreed adding an inexpensive ($13) 5psi one way check valve on the Out port of the Power steering might fix the problem.

After Installing the check valve, It was better but not perfect. It still pulled slightly to left but I noticed another issue. When I bottomed out the curl cylinder, my tires pulled hard left. I assumed and another trip back to the hydraulic shop, these guys agreed that I was getting back pressure back from the loader valve into the power steering cylinder. So I suggested I install another check valve on the Ex port to the T. The logic here was that now all of the oil would flow to the loader valve and none would go back down to the power steering cylinder. And so...here is where it gets interesting and costly. After I installed the second check valve, there was no change whatsoever. There was still the slight pull on the tires to the left. Which is interesting because now the only pressure its getting is from the pump, but there is no adjustment on the power steering cylinder so it just wants to extend the rod. So, I decided to change the adjustment on the FCR, and WHAMMO! I blew apart my brand new 9cc pump's case. I was spitting nails. As a reminder, The good folks at Hoye had let me purchase a new 9cc pump when this all started. The thought here was that maybe my 7cc stock 30+ year old pump was tired and not pushing enough fluid. Hoye allowed me to buy the pump and return if I didn't make any difference. I decided to keep it anyway, but it didn't make much of a difference. More on that in a minute.
So, I removed the cracked pump and the whole time I was asking why the key didn't shear and save my butt and when I got into the pump I saw that the key had broken but not enough to allow spinning the shaft. Additionally there is a nut that goes over the pump shaft and shaft key and is retained by a smaller nut. The larger nut fits into and drives the pump gear. That nut cracked on mine - I can't figure out the part number yet, but will need to order one. So, I grabbed my original pump, reinstalled the cracked nut and made some gaskets and reinstalled and waited 24 hours to let seal up. I had no choice but to reuse the cracked nut as I needed to get the tractor removed from where it was parked when the pump blew. So this morning, with some hesitation, I started her up....no leaks. OH - VERY IMPORTANT. I removed the check valve from the hose running from the FCR’s EX port to the T at the loader. This way, I have a path in case I ever over pressure the system again by accident.
So, At the moment I have noticed:
1. The 7cc original pump is so much quieter than the 9cc pump. The 9cc pump just squealed and whined. The original can't be heard.
2. I cannot notice any difference between the two pumps - which is odd because I should. I wonder if the whining and squealing were indicators of a bad pump? No way to know now.
3. This is what I have; Loader responsive at all rpms. Power steering that is very easy to turn. A slight pull to the left constantly. IT doesn’t fight me to turn left, but you can feel it. I have a suicide knob on mine so it’s a snap to control the steering. Hydraulics folks told me that I am not wearing out anything or damaging anything by it doing this. So I am pretty happy. I will say I am hesitant to make any more changes because of the cost to me of the pump. I would like to get a new 9cc pump at some point but not sure when and will report out if it changes anything - it should but didn’t so far with me.

Lastly, I have been working with Jtullis on this. I hope he chimes in because I believe he is also going to make these changes and report out with his 2210 and a Koyker loader.

Picture of my set up:

/ HYDRAULIC - Yanmar Flow for Power Beyond, Power Steering and 3PT #48  
Scotty that is a awful, sorry to hear that happened. I have not had the chance yet to switch my hydraulic setup. For those who have followed this thread my set up is pretty close to Scotty's,. I plan on redoing my very soon to see if any changes occur for me. Sorry to hear about your pump again Scotty.

/ HYDRAULIC - Yanmar Flow for Power Beyond, Power Steering and 3PT #49  
Hi Scotty, Sorry to hear about your troubles. Blowing out a pump has to be pretty depressing. Thanks for taking the time to write all this up for the rest of us to learn from.

BTW, my valve has regen, but I can't seem to do two functions at once, which is why I was curious. It's possible it's a different model. They sure do get confusing... Best of luck.

/ HYDRAULIC - Yanmar Flow for Power Beyond, Power Steering and 3PT
Wooly ....I would call brand...maybe they had a bad batch because you should be able to lift the boom and curl at the same time.

JTullis....no worries....it's just the cost of experimenting. I am very pleased with the results I have now....just don't use the second check valve :)