Hydro Not 4WD?

/ Hydro Not 4WD? #1  

downslope

Platinum Member
Tractor
MF TO-35, Ford(s) 2000, 8N, 9N, White 2-70, NH TD75D, JD 5045D
Do any of the manufacturers make a Utility or CUT that is available without 4WD but with a hydro transmission? Any size, 30-55 hp.

/ Hydro Not 4WD? #2  
Check the Kubota site but I believe they have several. Seem to recall the MX series coming in 2 wheel drive (50hp area)

/ Hydro Not 4WD? #3  
Nope, can't think of a single modern new tractor with hydro and 2WD.. Its resale value would be next to nothing.

/ Hydro Not 4WD? #4  
Think KOua is right and I was wrong - seems that they have 2WD but they are all gear.
Recall seeing a 2wd gear drive MX4700 selling at a local auction last year for around 9K - real low hrs and nice shape.
With our hills they are not real popular and a tough sell

/ Hydro Not 4WD? #5  
Think KOua is right and I was wrong - seems that they have 2WD but they are all gear.
Recall seeing a 2wd gear drive MX4700 selling at a local auction last year for around 9K - real low hrs and nice shape.
With our hills they are not real popular and a tough sell

I suppose it would make a pretty nice stationary powerplant for a generator.:D Around here it would be at the bottom of one of our steep hills, and there it would stay.!.. In Kansas or a lot of Illinois where you have nice flat ground, they would be fine!:)

I had a full size Utility tractor with 2wd when I lived up by Willard, and it was fine.. Got it stuck a time or two, but generally it worked OK, but the ground was much flatter there. Next tractor there was a CUT in 4WD, and it was quite a bit better, but you can get along with 2WD tractors if the ground is flat and the tractors are larger with larger tires. AG tires preferably.

/ Hydro Not 4WD?
I had a full size Utility tractor with 2wd when I lived up by Willard, and it was fine.. Got it stuck a time or two, but generally it worked OK, but the ground was much flatter there. Next tractor there was a CUT in 4WD, and it was quite a bit better, but you can get along with 2WD tractors if the ground is flat and the tractors are larger with larger tires. AG tires preferably.
That's what I was thinking, it would work good on a flat vegetable farm and the hydro would be able to run slow for delicate cultivating and transplanting. If it would be 2WD you could put different tires/wheels on the back without the concern and expense of maintaining ratios. Oh well, just a crazy idea I was thinking about.

Kubota's kind of strange with the 2WD M-series; if you opt for 2WD you have to get the cab, but choose 4WD and you can have either open station or cab, I wonder what's with that? You would think someone buying a bare-bones 2WD would be more likely to want an open-station than the 4WD user.

/ Hydro Not 4WD? #7  
That's what I was thinking, it would work good on a flat vegetable farm and the hydro would be able to run slow for delicate cultivating and transplanting. If it would be 2WD you could put different tires/wheels on the back without the concern and expense of maintaining ratios. Oh well, just a crazy idea I was thinking about.

Kubota's kind of strange with the 2WD M-series; if you opt for 2WD you have to get the cab, but choose 4WD and you can have either open station or cab, I wonder what's with that? You would think someone buying a bare-bones 2WD would be more likely to want an open-station than the 4WD user.

I can't answer your question, because I just don't know. Why not look at an older 2WD tractor like a Massey or something similar? You should be able to find plenty of those around from the 70's or 80's. They are good old tough tractors, but they are not going to be hydrostats, But if you get one with enough gear ranges, hopefully you could find a ground speed that would work for you. But when it comes to compact tractors, the vast majority of buyers want 4WD.

/ Hydro Not 4WD? #8  
yes kubota and other tractor brands offer 2wd drive tractor in all sizes.the kicker is most people buying a tractor want 4wd drives now.i seen a 2013 7040SU 2wd fel with 200hrs on it for $19500.and if i had the money id buy it in a heartbeat.

/ Hydro Not 4WD? #9  
yes kubota and other tractor brands offer 2wd drive tractor in all sizes.the kicker is most people buying a tractor want 4wd drives now.i seen a 2013 7040SU 2wd fel with 200hrs on it for $19500.and if i had the money id buy it in a heartbeat.

True, but he was asking about 2wd with HST....doesn't appear anybody makes that combo now.

/ Hydro Not 4WD? #10  
Just saw this and thought of your post. Price is right but lacking hp.

KUBOTA 2WD DIESEL G4200 HST WITH SNOW BLADE - $1200 (PLYMOUTH, IN)
© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap(google map) (yahoo map)
KUBOTA 12HP DIESEL 2CYL MODEL G4200 HST RUNS GOOD COMES WITH A SNOW BLADE 2 WHEEL DRIVE TRACTOR

$1200

show contact info