hydro or power reverser

/ hydro or power reverser #11  
You don't mention if you will be moving snow with the FEL but if so, eHydro is the way to go. Even if not, the other tasks you list are easier with it too. Another point is resale or trade-in, you'll get your money back right there.

/ hydro or power reverser #12  
I borrowed a shuttle shift with a rear tiller, it had a very slow low gear I thought you would never have to go that slow, but for tilling new ground it was too fast. It was a small garden so I would till forward and back up and till again. I was constantly shifting to a higher gear to back up and riding the clutch in low to till. Go with the hydro for what you are doing after a while you will be glad you did.

/ hydro or power reverser #13  
If you've already driven both, you'll make the right decision. P.S. - eHydro would be my pick

/ hydro or power reverser #14  
dont some people have trouble with hydros over heating when brush cutting in hills and ditches?

/ hydro or power reverser #15  
I vote with Roy Jackson.

I have the power reverser and was accustomed to a shift tractor before. I like being able to select the gear and then pull the throttle down for "cruise control".

Have you tried a hydro for more than a couple of minutes? I think this is a personal choice and you should find a way to use each option for at least an hour on the same kind of job. That way you will be able to make the right decision for you.

I like the ehydro adjust my speed to where I wan't and push the set switch or resume. I like the cruise control holding the speed within .1mph increments too.

I agree whole heartedly about trying each out for more than an hour to get a better feel for them.

/ hydro or power reverser #16  
When you finish rennovating your 40 acres and decide to buy a bigger tractor - you'll be glad; and the next buyer will be glad - that you went with eHydro.

AKfish

/ hydro or power reverser #17  
dont some people have trouble with hydros over heating when brush cutting in hills and ditches?

Waiting for an answer to that too, mowing hills would be light use for mine.:confused:

/ hydro or power reverser #18  
Buy what YOU want, not what everyone on here tells you to. You're the one that has to p ay for it & operate it.
If you're used to the collar shift, A power shuttle would be a nice, easy step for you.
Of course a hydro is a nice easy driver for anyone.

/ hydro or power reverser #19  

Haven't had any trouble with mine. My son used my Kubota and 6' bush hog to fill in for our CX80 Case and 10'6" bush hog for three days when the Case sustained a wheel injury. The brush was over the hood in most places.

/ hydro or power reverser #20  
I have four geared units and one has a shuttle shift. I no longer farm just FEL work, bush hogging, box blade and such with plowing and disking for food plots.

I have three HST units.

You have SEVEN tractors?