hydro static backhoe

/ hydro static backhoe #11  
Sure good to see you back, Mark. Hope things are going well for you.

/ hydro static backhoe #12  
I’ll second that Bird, good to hear from you Mark. Hope you will drop in more often and keep us updated on your adventures and modifications to the tractor. Believe it or not there are so many new people on the forum that some of them don’t even know what a Chalkley Cup is. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

MarkV

/ hydro static backhoe #13  
Thanks guys! I'm definitely planning on being here a lot more than I've been lately. My wife's health is slowly improving, and I'm recovering from the ordeal of a legal battle I didn't start but had to finish. Things are "on the mend" as they say, though I doubt they'll ever be the same again. Still, you play the hand you're dealt, or as they say in the moonshining states "you run what you brung".

I've got pictures of some new mods/attachments and the hurricane-relief work I did in Florida (and an update on fuel consumption for Bird /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) that I'll post soon.

/ hydro static backhoe #15  
Mark, no more than I used my Kubotas, I wasn't really concerned about fuel consumption (cost) except for curiosity at the time. But with prices going the way they are, that might get to be a much bigger concern. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ hydro static backhoe #16  
Some of us thought you were still trying to find things the "pink machine" couldn't do! Look forward to hearing of some of the exploits.

/ hydro static backhoe #17  
Bird - I know you weren't obsessed with it or anything, it was actually JimNH (?), if I remember correctly - but it was one of the few running gags we had going on a long time back, and I know you were involved somehow. But that doesn't narrow it down much, does it? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Anyway, for the record, my EF-500 now has a total lifetime fuel consumption average of .583 gph. I still can't understand how it can get so much work done on so little fuel. I even put a locking cap on the fuel tank to ensure Harv or somebody wasn't slipping by to add fuel just to jerk my chain. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif I'm afraid something must be wrong with it, but if there is, I don't want it fixed...

/ hydro static backhoe #18  
<font color="blue"> I just got back from almost 5 weeks of volunteer hurricane-relief work in Florida </font>

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ hydro static backhoe #19  
Yep, Mark, someone must be donating fuel /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif. I'll have to admit it's surprising it does that well. I figured my B2710 used about .7 gallons per hour, and that's a considerably smaller engine/smaller machine.

/ hydro static backhoe #20  
MossRoad (Since we're such good friends, can I just call you Moss?) - You always were a man of few words.... (Everything's relative, you know.) /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif