Hydrolic hose blew

/ Hydrolic hose blew #1  

tpage760

Tractor
massey 1030
Massey 1030
My hose from the control levers to the back of tractor has a hole..it looks like a 10 foot hose ....can it be patched?

/ Hydrolic hose blew #3  
Massey 1030
My hose from the control levers to the back of tractor has a hole..it looks like a 10 foot hose ....can it be patched?

You may be able to cut out the old section and then get a hose shop to crimp on fittings on each half, some will some will not. I know of one that will but will not give you any warranty so if the fitting pops off you are out of luck. Secondly unless the hose is in real good shape it could just burst in a different point.

I just replaced a 10'4" hose with with fittings on each end for $40 last week on my dozer. Bite the bullet, replace it, and make sure nothing can rub against it and you'll probably never have to touch it again.

/ Hydrolic hose blew #4  
Patching a hose with that kind of pressure isn't a good idea.....I understand money being tight but that is one thing you will need to buy and like Crazyal said you will prob never have to touch it again.

/ Hydrolic hose blew #5  
Yep, bite the bullet now and replace the whole hose.

If you dont have any hydraulic shops around, there are websites and companies online that can probabally make you a hose. Just give them fitting sizes and a length.

You can also buy reusable hose fittings. You dont need a specual hose crimper. They thread into the inside and onto the outside of the hose. You can make your own hoses without any special tools. If you know your fitting sizes, you could just order them and a length of hose and make your own as well.

/ Hydrolic hose blew #6  
I blow a hose just about everytime I use my old Yanmar. They are 2000PSI rated and pop pretty easy. The hose repair shop that I use has 2500 PSI rated hoses and they are about the cheapest part of the replacement at about $2 per foot. The crimped fittings are usually more than the hose, so I would just replace the hose unless you are sure that it is just worn in that one spot and the rest is good. I am sure a hose repair place has a splice fitting they could put in to save you $20 but you may be back again. IF it popped without signs of wear from outside, I would get new hoses.

/ Hydrolic hose blew #7  
Ditto everyone's comments- replace it. It's not that hard to do, and chances are the replacement hose will be better than the original. I've already replaced two hoses on my 2310, which has less than 200 hours on it.

/ Hydrolic hose blew #8  
Massey 1030
The end fittings are usually the fail point unless the hosehas been damaged by pinching - that will cause fatigue of the wire and failure pretty soon. ... As said by all, replace it. Protect it from damage and it should never again fail.
larry