Hydrostatic Drive Hesitation

/ Hydrostatic Drive Hesitation
I have driven Bobcats and know what you mean. That is why that I drove the Kubota around the lot, trying to see if I could squeeze the pedal gently and modulate it with more precise foot control. But I didn't have my luck. Maybe I'm just hopelessly Kubota challenged!

/ Hydrostatic Drive Hesitation #12  
Very good Kevin, you do understand what I am saying. I found the tradle pedal very easy to adapt to. In fact, I have a JD twin pedal on a riding mower, it's a front deck type. I have no problems with either style of pedal but find that when going over rough terrain at my place that the treadle on my L3830 is easier to smooth out or modulate then the Deere twin pedal. I think it is the position of my foot. You did have only the ball of your foot on the pedal right?

/ Hydrostatic Drive Hesitation #13  
The other thing to consider is ask someone at the dealer to drive it. There has been at least one L5030 HST reported to have something wrongly adjusted in the feather step that made it very jerky.

RaT, I find it interesting that the Kubota treadle pedal works better for you than the JD twin pedal because I found the opposite to be true with my limited exposure to them. Maybe I need to spend more time with the treadle pedal. I do just use the ball of my foot and I could see my foot bouncing up and down a little as I moved throughout the dealership's parking lot. I even tried changing the position of the heel of my foot to see if that helped.

If this functionality is something that I would always have to be aware of, I don't really want to deal with it. Plus, my teenage sons will be using the tractor and I want something that is good for them to use.

I do have a Bobcat 753 which tends to rock and roll more so than larger Bobcats and it's something that I need to stay aware of. You get used to it, but if I had a larger Bobcat it would be more forgiving. I just don't want to run into this same situation with a tractor if I can avoid it.

Trying out another 5030 is a very good idea. This particular unit has about 100 hours on it from being rented. I will try to check with another dealer to try out another unit.

/ Hydrostatic Drive Hesitation #16  
Try using it in medium, that is where most folks including me spend most of our time. I suppose the geometry of our bodies must play a role in using various equipment. Some people simple may not have the ankle/foot setup to utilize it the same as others. It's like me, I can easily turn and look back over my right shoulder, but for some reason, I don't feel when I look over my left I am getting as good of a look. Your right to be concerned about it. There are people who have reported your same story. Some hated the pedal only to later find out it worked beautifully, some have the treadle and the twin and pedal and prefer the twin pedal. I personnally do not care, I easily accomodate both.