Hydrostatic noise

/ Hydrostatic noise #11  
The ROPS tends to amplify the noise you hear also, especially from the drivers seat. It can be like sitting inside a tuning fork!

/ Hydrostatic noise #12  
When operating the TC-40D I normally wear a pair of hearing protectors with a built in FM radio to keep me occupied. Whining noise, what whining?

/ Hydrostatic noise #13  
Well. In my spare time after I work the 12 hours each day, work on the house I've been building for so many years on the weekends, look after my bees, etc., I like to trapshoot.

Lets just say I don't trap shoot as much as I'd like to when I retire. I also hunt deer every year in Michigan, and last year got a moose in Newfoundland (they've got a lot of moose in Newfoundland). /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Hydrostatic noise #15  
ah. I'm an avid Sporting Clay shooter + hunter. You've got some nice clubs in Michigan and I know a few of the folks over there. I've not been to Newfoundland, but I have hunted in Africa... fun stuff over there.

It's a different kind of whining... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

-Bob

/ Hydrostatic noise #16  
It's probably normal. My BX2200 is pretty noisy, yet my sister's L3130 is dead quiet. Personally, I don't like the noise, and wish my BX were more like the big L... I Do like the sound of the engine though! ;-)

- Patrick

/ Hydrostatic noise #17  
When you can tell by the whine what the tractor is doing you will be able to accomplish the minor miracles that people talk about with these tractors. Like being able to dig into sod with out spinning up the area while doing it. Knowing just how much petal is needed under different circumstances to move and how much to expect. It will kind of surprise you from time to time as to how little it really takes to do some jobs.

/ Hydrostatic noise #18  
My B7800 whines a bit also. It almost sounds like the brake is stuck or something is resisting the transmission. I was going to post a question asking about it but then I got used to it. At first it didn't sound like a sound I thought a tractor should make but after 80 hours the tractor's going just as strong as new, maybe even stronger. Now that it's been brought up though I am probably going to pay attention to it and get all paranoid the next time I use my tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Matt