Hypothetical Doomsday Scenario

/ Hypothetical Doomsday Scenario #323  
I've long maintained the "nearest" "Doomsday" will be an economical one.

Has anyone here been noticing what looks set to occur in Cyprus tomorrow? What has happened because of it? It is coming here in a similar fashion...some bank holiday or take over of individual retirement accounts by gov't to be the catalyst, but it is definitely coming. The math will win out over all manipulations in due time and when it does, it will be "nasty" for a period of time before things get back on track.

Haven't heard much on this in the MSM here in US.

Could The "Cyprus Fiasco" Occur In The United States? | Zero Hedge

#Cyprus Depositors Vent Fury Through Social Media | Zero Hedge

71% of Cypriots Say Parliament Should Reject Bailout | Zero Hedge

German Commerzbank Suggests Wealth Tax In Italy Next | Zero Hedge

Europe Scrambling With Last Minute Revision To Cyprus Deposit Confiscation Plan | Zero Hedge

Angela "It's What's Right" Merkel Parody Paraded In Greece | Zero Hedge

Cyprus: The World

/ Hypothetical Doomsday Scenario #324  
You do not need to look overseas to see how quickly "things" can go sour...just look at what happens following a natural disaster...

/ Hypothetical Doomsday Scenario #325  
You do not need to look overseas to see how quickly "things" can go sour...just look at what happens following a natural disaster...

Agreed, but those are fairly localized, so to say. Economic disaster....not so much.

/ Hypothetical Doomsday Scenario

I've witnessed it several times, first hand. People go insane... in a hurry.

/ Hypothetical Doomsday Scenario #327  
I've long maintained the "nearest" "Doomsday" will be an economical one.

Has anyone here been noticing what looks set to occur in Cyprus tomorrow?...[/url]

Amazing some little country can throw the Global Market into such a tizzy. And they don't even have OIL.

I mean, come on.

Another excuse to manipulate the markets. Puppets we are, I tell you, puppets we are.... Where's the nearest ATM?

/ Hypothetical Doomsday Scenario #328  
I've witnessed it several times, first hand. People go insane... in a hurry.

yep.. even if localized.. it gets bad.. fast.

/ Hypothetical Doomsday Scenario #329  
Amazing some little country can throw the Global Market into such a tizzy. And they don't even have OIL.

I mean, come on.

Another excuse to manipulate the markets. Puppets we are, I tell you, puppets we are.... Where's the nearest ATM?

Think of it this way. If you knew the US was going to take 10% of the money you had in your bank accounts, what would you do? What would be the rational action on your part?

You would take out most of your money which is why are you are looking for an ATM. :laughing::laughing::laughing: Its not a market manipulation but the market reacting to a very dangerous action.

If everyone takes their money out of the bank, it is a financial disaster and can effect countries, regions and the entire world. If you live in a EU country that is having financial trouble, Spain, Greece, or Italy for example, the rational thing to do today, is withdraw your money. If people do that, the banks will have serious problems which will spread across the world. I was shocked at the complete stupidity of taking 10% of the money out of people bank accounts. How is that fair? How is it LEGAL? The people punished were the people who saved money and saved money in bank accounts. Will the EU know go after investments? This is a really dangerous action. I have no sympathy for Greece, they have been overspending of decades, avoiding cleaning up their corruption, and have a culture of tax evasion but to just STEAL, because it was stealing, people money from a bank account in Cyprus is flat out wrong. It would be wrong to do it in Greece. This sort of stupidity can lead to events going out of control quickly.

I saw a story last night about a reporter for one of the big news channels who lived in Cyprus. He had 2,000 take out of his accounts after being told they would not do so.

At least most TBNers have plenty of room to hide cash in sealed mason jars. :D

Later,
Dan

/ Hypothetical Doomsday Scenario #330  
yep.. think about it. govt threatons to take money.. people pull money out. the house of cards falls...