Hypothetical question ??

/ Hypothetical question ?? #1  

skidoorider

If you were looking at becoming a compact/sub-compact tractor dealer, what brand would you like to represent and why???

RB

/ Hypothetical question ?? #2  
Hypothetical answer: It depends on if there are any other dealers in the area and what brand of tractor they sell. Who is my competition, how are they perceived in the community? What is my expertise in the tractor field. I think that all of the major players have a good line of CUT's. A lot would depend on your advertising, sales and service.

Kubota
John Deere
New Holland
MF
Case

My personal hypothetical opinion it would be JD and Kubota.:D

/ Hypothetical question ?? #3  
You have to believe in what you sell! If you cannot look a potential sale in the eye and tell that someone that this is the absolutely the best product you will ever find.......then you will not have the success that an ownership will demand.

In my former life I was in construction sales.............half the battle was having confidence in the installed products. Once you have that comfort level you are able to sell with confidence!

You must decide which brand you like and why you like it. Then you can look at how that brand fits into your surrounding area and competition.

You have to believe in what you sell!:D

/ Hypothetical question ?? #4  
This may surprise many, but my answer is Kubota. There is only ONE dealer in central Kansas. He has the market cornered and prices his tractors accordingly. He is also located in an off the beaten path town.

/ Hypothetical question ?? #8  
I would look at one of the new brands, find one that is worth selling. be ahead of the curve and sell something new. but make sure it worth putting your name on. Koiti, Bobcat, mahindra, etc. it will be tough at first but...

/ Hypothetical question ?? #9  
I am not a dealer but I think there are several things to look at. First I would check and see if there were no compete areas within a brand. John Deere might not let you open a dealership if there is one within x amount of miles from you. That will be the start of what you can do. 2. Contact several of the brands and see what the markup and what they pay for warranty work. 3. go in the various categories on here and talk to some of the dealers and see what they say about their brand. 4. Check with some of the manufacturers and see if there is a dealer that is going out of buisness near you. Just being able to save on transportation of equipment would be a big savings.

/ Hypothetical question ?? #10  
Always go with the industry leader, best of breed. That way you can sell with confidence and never have to make excuses. Service is as important to the health of the customer as is the comfort of the original purchase. If you deliver these consistently you will likely be successful.