I知 Stuck

/ I知 Stuck #1  

birdmandave

Tractor
Branson 3725C
Pardon if this is not the right place to ask but need as much experienced advise as possible. Have a Branson 3725C with 37.5 hours and caught by the DPF. I failed to recognize the warning, and after attempting to start after stopping for a break the light flashed, went solid and now won稚 start. After much research I now know the error of my ways by not keeping the RPM痴 over 2K while operating. I contacted a local dealer and was told to remove the filter and blow it out. I知 very mechanical, have plenty of tools, the big question I could use advise on is this a DYI project or something that must be done by a dealer for warranty issues?

Thanks.

/ I知 Stuck #2  
There are some threads about making up a "temporary or test pipe" and while no one should say to just forget
to install the filter after it gets cleaned out things do get put off some times :laughing:
Also it might not just blow out without some solvents or heat.
Good luck

/ I知 Stuck #3  
Pardon if this is not the right place to ask but need as much experienced advise as possible. Have a Branson 3725C with 37.5 hours and caught by the DPF. I failed to recognize the warning, and after attempting to start after stopping for a break the light flashed, went solid and now won稚 start. After much research I now know the error of my ways by not keeping the RPM痴 over 2K while operating. I contacted a local dealer and was told to remove the filter and blow it out. I知 very mechanical, have plenty of tools, the big question I could use advise on is this a DYI project or something that must be done by a dealer for warranty issues?

Thanks.
"the big question"............The BIG question is what does this mean and or stand for>>>>>>"I知 very mechanical", maybe it's bad language on the Klingon's planet Kronos......

/ I知 Stuck #4  
I was wondering the same thing about that. :) As for the tractor issue, I think your going to find the warning light will need to be reset and a manual regen will need to be done, and most likely by your dealer. I am wondering if your dealer misunderstood you and was thinking air cleaner and not the dpf when he told you to remove it and blow it out.

/ I知 Stuck #5  
One cannot "blow out" a DPF! You have operated it to the point of severe clogging. The shutdown, and resultant no-start condition, is programmed in in order to keep the operator from TOTALLY screwing up the DPF. Dealer will have to reset (and they WILL make sure that it does a proper/full regen).

Interesting that you could get it to this point with such low hours. Had to work hard to accomplish that!:eek:

/ I知 Stuck
Thanks all for the replies. Not sure what happened with typing and foreign symbols. Based on the feedback I will be reaching out to other dealers and not mess with it. Guess I’m just not running it as hard it wants to be.

/ I知 Stuck #8  
I removed the DPF from my (TYM) Cablea's LM45H at 12 hours. Took about 30min to take apart the canister and drive out the filter and put the canister back on. Now has 125 hours no problems, no regen.

/ I知 Stuck #9  
If the tractor's stuck there's an emergency bolt on the manifold that you can remove to get enough exhaust flow to move the tractor. That's how it was explained to me by my dealer. I should put some anti-seize on mine just in case. Nickel based to avoid potential damage to the catalyst.

/ I知 Stuck #10  
I removed the DPF from my (TYM) Cablea's LM45H at 12 hours. Took about 30min to take apart the canister and drive out the filter and put the canister back on. Now has 125 hours no problems, no regen.

So you gutted your DPF? What's that going to do to your warranty?

That's good info to know, ericm979:thumbsup: (one should never really be totally stranded)