I Already Took Off the Snowblower and Tire Chains

/ I Already Took Off the Snowblower and Tire Chains #31  
Around here we get snow most years all the way past april. No way I'm taking the blower off till middle of may.

/ I Already Took Off the Snowblower and Tire Chains #32  
Chains off yesterday...... But it's snowing today and suppose to snow or rain clear thru Sunday. Oh Well, I've had enough of that fun. It probably won't be all that much and will melt on its own......says I.:cool:

/ I Already Took Off the Snowblower and Tire Chains #33  
Chains off yesterday...... But it's snowing today and suppose to snow or rain clear thru Sunday. Oh Well, I've had enough of that fun. It probably won't be all that much and will melt on its own......says I.:cool:

Wishfull thinking is a Spring tradition here as well ;)

Taking the oppurtunity here to warn my fellow easterners, as hinted by our friend in Kansas there is another major storm on the way. Could be rain.... could be snow. Lots of snow. Look at that monster on the NWS SAT pics or Accuweather on your phone, that bugger is huge.

/ I Already Took Off the Snowblower and Tire Chains #34  
Everyone...go ahead and take the chains and blades and blowers off. It no longer matters.

It is so late in the season and the sun is so high in the sky that snow can't stay very long anyway. It's here today and gone tomorrow. And the fact is, you do more harm trying to plow snow with soft dirt underneath than with just letting it melt the way nature intended. OK---maybe once in ten years you get a whopper of a spring storm and so what? It gives you something to tell the grandchildren about if you are lucky enough to wind up old and gray and lucky enough to have grandchildren.

Winter is on the wane and not a one of us can stop it. On to Spring.

/ I Already Took Off the Snowblower and Tire Chains #35  
Everyone...go ahead and take the chains and blades and blowers off. It no longer matters.

It is so late in the season and the sun is so high in the sky that snow can't stay very long anyway. It's here today and gone tomorrow. And the fact is, you do more harm trying to plow snow with soft dirt underneath than with just letting it melt the way nature intended. OK---maybe once in ten years you get a whopper of a spring storm and so what? It gives you something to tell the grandchildren about if you are lucky enough to wind up old and gray and lucky enough to have grandchildren.

yup, thats why mine came off. the ground is too thawed to even think about plowing much less use chains

/ I Already Took Off the Snowblower and Tire Chains #36  

HA!HA!HA!....tell that to the 30' deep and 8' tall stacks of snow still in my backyard, frontyard, sideyard...........:laughing::thumbsup:

/ I Already Took Off the Snowblower and Tire Chains #37  

Sir yes sir! :m1helmet: Took them off today. :)

/ I Already Took Off the Snowblower and Tire Chains #38  
HA!HA!HA!....tell that to the 30' deep and 8' tall stacks of snow still in my backyard, frontyard, sideyard...........:laughing::thumbsup:

Yup, clearly those fellas live nowhere near here :thumbsup:

I did blow a lot of dirt today, can't avoid just part of the job. Whenever possible I try to avoid using the blower and keep to the pusher (bonus to customers: grades potholes out of dirt driveway) but I often have little choice.

/ I Already Took Off the Snowblower and Tire Chains #39  
Yup, clearly those fellas live nowhere near here---(Maine) :thumbsup:

I did blow a lot of dirt today, can't avoid just part of the job. Whenever possible I try to avoid using the blower and keep to the pusher (bonus to customers: grades potholes out of dirt driveway) but I often have little choice.

Yeah, but I spent 25 years in the Newport to Houlton, Maine snow belt and dealt with the big storms all the time. Plowed out my farm and a neighbor so I know the drill. If snow piles are cleaned up it worked for me to just do the absolute minimum for the spring storms. It took about 20 years of trying differnt methods to come to that conclusion but whatever works and Maine was my proving ground. If you were on pavement or hard gravel, plowing would work. I was not so fortunate.

/ I Already Took Off the Snowblower and Tire Chains #40  
Spring might be near, but this morning was still -31'C. On the plus side it was -4'C in the afternoon and sunny.
There is 6-8" of snow forecast in the next day or two

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet