I am a Newbie... Please Help Me

/ I am a Newbie... Please Help Me #1  

Jim57

Veteran Member
Tractor
Shibaura SD2200 4X4
I purchased a Newly Rebuilt 4X4 Shibaura SD 2243 with a 2 cylinder diesel. They told me it was a 27 HP and 22 HP at the PTO. Were they telling me the truth? I also purchased a front end loader, 4 ft. Box Scrape and a 4 ft. King Kutter Bush Hog along with it. It loks and runs like a New Tractor. I am not sure of the value and it's too late to return it but it woould be nice to know if I got a good deal?

Second it has 11.2 X 24 rear tires 600 X 16 front tires and I was told that I should put water and antifreeze in the tires. If I put water and antifreeze in the tires... What Air Pressure should I put in the tires after installing the water? Front? Back? I am somewhat familiar with doing this but does anyone know if it takes special tubes? Also.. how much weight per tire does it add. Does anyone have a formula to figure this or does anyone know? Should I put water in all four tires? I will be plowing along with bush hogging with it and possibly moving some dirt with the front end loader. Any help and information would be Greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Jim /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

bsm357@aol.com

/ I am a Newbie... Please Help Me #2  
We are very fortunate to have some great grey market dealers here. Look up some of the guys for the answers you need, they will help you.

Seek out:
LMTC
Tractor Ernie
Danny Parker

There are a couple others here too. I simply can't remember all of them. A lot of gray market stuff is junk, a lot of it is as good or a better value than you'd find new, but in my opinion only if you have a great dealer standing behind the product. We have great dealers here to help you. Sorry I can't be of more help.

/ I am a Newbie... Please Help Me
</font><font color="blueclass=small">( A lot of gray market stuff is junk, a lot of it is as good or a better value than you'd find new, but in my opinion only if you have a great dealer standing behind the product. We have great dealers here to help you. Sorry I can't be of more help.

)</font>

Thank You very much. My tractor came with a 90 day warranty... Believe it or not I must have found a place that stands behind their products very well. My steering went out about a week after I got my tractor and they replaced steering box and shaft that steering wheel attaches to with no questions asked and at No Charge
:) ... BTW anyone know where I can purchase the kit to install Power Steering to my tractor?

The company is
E.K. Johnson Equipment, Inc.
11233 Highway 17 South
Lavonia, Georgia 30553

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I purchased a Newly Rebuilt 4X4 Shibaura SD 2243 with a 2 cylinder diesel. They told me it was a 27 HP and 22 HP at the PTO. Were they telling me the truth? I also purchased a front end loader, 4 ft. Box Scrape and a 4 ft. King Kutter Bush Hog along with it. It loks and runs like a New Tractor. I am not sure of the value and it's too late to return it but it woould be nice to know if I got a good deal?

Second it has 11.2 X 24 rear tires 600 X 16 front tires and I was told that I should put water and antifreeze in the tires. If I put water and antifreeze in the tires... What Air Pressure should I put in the tires after installing the water? Front? Back? I am somewhat familiar with doing this but does anyone know if it takes special tubes? Also.. how much weight per tire does it add. Does anyone have a formula to figure this or does anyone know? Should I put water in all four tires? I will be plowing along with bush hogging with it and possibly moving some dirt with the front end loader. Any help and information would be Greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

bsm357@aol.com )</font>

OOPS! the Front are 600 X 14

</font><font color="blue" class="small">(

OOPS! the Front are 600 X 14

)</font>
<font color="red"> Boy is this a Odd size 6.00 X 14 10 Ply Rating.... anyone know where I can purchase these?
</font>

Thank You all for your Help.

I Loaded my Tires - Back 11.2 X 24 with 2 gallons of antifreeze and filled them with valve at 12 noon. Then added 20 psi air pressure and checked with air/water gauge.

I Loaded my Tires - Front 6.00 X 14 with 1 gallon of antifreeze and filled them with water with valve at 12 noon. Then added 25 psi air pressure because of the FEL and checked with air/water gauge.

Today I tried my tractor out plowing and clearing some saplings and it was like a new tractor. It did things in 2 wheel drive that it would not do before without being in 4X4 before. It pulled the plow (6 ft Chisel Plow) like a much larger tractor.

Loading the Tires Helped Tremendously! Thank you all for the help. I am much happier with my tractor selection now. :)

Jim Bonham

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I purchased a Newly Rebuilt 4X4 Shibaura SD 2243 with a 2 cylinder diesel. They told me it was a 27 HP and 22 HP at the PTO. Were they telling me the truth? I also purchased a front end loader, 4 ft. Box Scrape and a 4 ft. King Kutter Bush Hog along with it. It loks and runs like a New Tractor. I am not sure of the value and it's too late to return it but it woould be nice to know if I got a good deal?

Thank you in advance.

bsm357@aol.com )</font>

Here is a picture of the Tractor I Purchased.

MVC-721S.jpg

/ I am a Newbie... Please Help Me #8  
I am guessing the '2 gallon' was a typo?

20 maybe, 2 gallons wouldn't do too much, BTW, tractor looks nice...

Got any pics of it in action?

Do you have to worry about the tires freezing in SC?

Ken

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I am guessing the '2 gallon' was a typo?

20 maybe, 2 gallons wouldn't do too much, BTW, tractor looks nice...

Got any pics of it in action?

Do you have to worry about the tires freezing in SC?

Ken

)</font>

Thanks for the compliment on my New Tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif BTW, 2 gallons of antifreeze and about 20 gallons of water. Here in SC They (Tractor Supply Companies) tell me only about 5% to 10% antifreeze is required. No problems most of the time of freezing here in the foothills of SC where I am from. As for the pics of it in action... they will be coming... I haven't been able to take pics while operating the Tractor /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif but, I will see if I can get the wife to take some while I am working with it. I will post them as soon as it drys up enough here to plow some or maybe while I am using the FEL pushing some saplings over clearing a spot for a new larger garden. Keep in touch. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Jim