Snow I am such a DA-Snow Removal

/ I am such a DA-Snow Removal #21  
Nice attitude.
To summarize: MY WAY IS THE BEST AND ONLY WAY. ANYTHING ELSE SUCKS! ....AND IT'S A P.O.S.! . People use those sucky P.O.S.'s because they're poor and can't afford the equipment I have! The best solution is to spend $8000!

Did I get that right?

:thumbsup:

Get a UTV with a plow! don't be cheap, nothing like a GMC Denali Duramax and a V plow can't handle.

/ I am such a DA-Snow Removal #22  
The boys over on he snowblower forum do the impeller kit mod to take care of blowing the wet slush. Basically, the slush does not get blown out because of the gap between the metal impellers and the impeller housing. They bolt/rivit thick rubber pieces on the end of the impellers so there is not gap.
The blowers they discuss are the walk behinds, but no reason it would not work on a pto driven snow blower

I've done this with both my 3 point blower and my walk behind. It makes a world of difference. The walk behind is almost impossible to clog and it takes almost soupy wet snow to clog the 3 point. That said, I very seldom use the 3 point now since I made a frame mount snow blade for the tractor and it's much quicker when there is less than 6 or 8 inches of snow. With the three point, I partially solved the "look behind you" problem with mirrors and a rear view camera installed in my cab.

/ I am such a DA-Snow Removal #23  
:laughing::laughing::laughing: Someone from Pittsburgh talking about removing snow:laughing::laughing::laughing:
They shutdown the city if there's more than 3" predicted!
They average 23" a year.
Come up to Erie, where we get 113" near the lake, and near 200" in the snowbelt where I live.
We've already had 2 storms this year with about 16" each.
Yeah, that first one was a *****, but my bucket mounted blade pushed through it.

I will agree a rear mount will kill blower your neck/back.

/ I am such a DA-Snow Removal #24  
When I used my Gravely 48" blower, it had some trouble the first winter with wet snow.. bolted some rubber pieces cut out of old tire on each impeller blade, no more problem. It would blow snow 60' moving right along.. we had 24" from one storm back in 2009 I think.. it took longer because it was coming over the top of the blower at times... but cleared my driveway, in front of my shop and 1/2 mile of county road and a neighbors driveway.. I was cold and wet but the Gravely was fine.

One of the storms in the last 10 years happened while I was away for work.. wife did not know how to run the Gravely (I had not shown her), they shoveled the driveway by hand, we bought a used walk behind snowblower with electric start after that so she can at least clear the driveway if I am gone. It is good exercise for me and our 100' driveway is not worth getting the Kubota out of the shop for.

/ I am such a DA-Snow Removal #25  
Back up camera helps the neck and is in the $50-$60 range.
Lining the chute with plastic minimizes clogs.
Adding plastic to the impeller blades increases distance and deters clogging.
Patience is a virtue.

Otherwise buy a 100 HP tractor C/W front blower and take out a 2nd mortgage on your house or hire out to the local snow contractor and enjoy a beer while watching.

/ I am such a DA-Snow Removal
Back up camera helps the neck and is in the $50-$60 range.
Lining the chute with plastic minimizes clogs.
Adding plastic to the impeller blades increases distance and deters clogging.
Patience is a virtue.

Otherwise buy a 100 HP tractor C/W front blower and take out a 2nd mortgage on your house or hire out to the local snow contractor and enjoy a beer while watching.

That may be the scenario in the near future as we should be spending the 6 month long winters in Brazil instead of here. Winters here suck more and more each winter, this winter I have never seen so much snow before December 21.