I bought a disc plow without even knowing what it was.

/ I bought a disc plow without even knowing what it was. #11  
Your tractor should have plenty of traction especially if you use 4 wd. I used to pull two discs mounted on wheels attached to the drawbar with a lot lighter 2 wd tractor. I would think the 3 point model would roll over a stump pretty easily. That would be my choice for a breaking plow. Never thought much about a mouldboard.

/ I bought a disc plow without even knowing what it was. #12  
That is a garden making plow there! :thumbsup:
It will flip the soil over and bury whatever is growing under neath a layer of dirt. Old timer that lived near me years ago had one for his 8N and made a huge garden every year, started off turning everything under. He made terraces to hold runoff on hills by plowing in both directions throwing up a 'levee' and with practice it will invert the soil completly.
Plows like that are hard to come by and someone would probably pay a fair price for it to turn soil. :moneybag:

/ I bought a disc plow without even knowing what it was.
Your tractor should have plenty of traction especially if you use 4 wd. I used to pull two discs mounted on wheels attached to the drawbar with a lot lighter 2 wd tractor. I would think the 3 point model would roll over a stump pretty easily. That would be my choice for a breaking plow. Never thought much about a mouldboard.
Thanks for the info! That's good to know that I should have enough power/traction. I won't be able to try it out for at least a week or so, and after that, depends on what I'll be doing for Thanksgiving, but I'll find an area I can tear up and give it a test :thumbsup:

/ I bought a disc plow without even knowing what it was. #15  
I would love to hear how well it works for you. My soil is pretty rocky so I'm worried a tiller would be just a waste of time and a moldboard plow may have issues with the rocks, roots, and ledge around me. If you decide you don't need it let me know, I would be interested.

I would love to hear how well it works for you. My soil is pretty rocky so I'm worried a tiller would be just a waste of time and a moldboard plow may have issues with the rocks, roots, and ledge around me. If you decide you don't need it let me know, I would be interested.

Crazyal,
I can't imagine a disc plow would work any better than your Case 580 backhoe and 450 Dozer! :D
I could sure use a dozer on my land!

Crazyal,
I can't imagine a disc plow would work any better than your Case 580 backhoe and 450 Dozer! :D
I could sure use a dozer on my land!

/ I bought a disc plow without even knowing what it was. #18  
I thought about just digging a foot down with the BH but thought it would be slow getting on and off to remove rocks and the dozer has a couple of leaks that may not help the garden grow. But most of all I have a 3 pt hitch and ag tires just begging to play in the dirt.

/ I bought a disc plow without even knowing what it was. #19  
I built a smaller scale one from scratch for my garden tractor:

Works great in the right soil conditions. Hard soil it does not work.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 283
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 231
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 171
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 485
Wow that is pretty impressive!

What did you use for paint? I'd like to have this sandblasted and prime and paint it, but I really have no idea what type of paint to use. I assume some sort of heavy duty epoxy paint or something?