I broke it again.

/ I broke it again. #11  
Starts to look like adding a ROPS could be a good investment?

/ I broke it again. #12  
Now it crossed my mind it might be breaking due to abuse. Anybody else?

/ I broke it again.
Starts to look like adding a ROPS could be a good investment?

Actually, I think a ROPS system wouldn’t be good for me because when it actually rolls on its side, I actually just step off of the equipment and away from it as it falls. If I had the ROPS system, I’ll be confined into it and be trapped. Not that I’m trying to roll it over all the time but when I’m in the woods on the mountains and hit a hole in on the slope or something like that it actually will turn over on me like that. I just shut it off go get the pulleys and upright it check all my fluids and keep going.
I do try to keep them to a minimum though

/ I broke it again. #15  
Maybe you need the other style low profile machine. I haven't tipped one over yet.
Good job on the repair. Remember grease every 8 hours.

/ I broke it again.
Maybe you need the other style low profile machine. I haven't tipped one over yet.
Good job on the repair. Remember grease every 8 hours.

I have mine out on the mountainsides here in north east Ga and on uneven terrain. The times i have turned it over i am usually driving over a old log and the tire falls into a hole covered by leafs unseen by the operator (me) always on the down hill side. Does not happen often. But it comes with the terrain, i usually am taking my time and being careful but on occasions it happens. i’m usually on property clearing trees for people that you can’t take bobcats, or anything else down through there because of the terrain and the slope. Sometimes i can only traverse the terrain by going straight up and straight back down becuase the slope is too great to drive across.

/ I broke it again. #18  
I have mine out on the mountainsides here in north east Ga and on uneven terrain. The times i have turned it over i am usually driving over a old log and the tire falls into a hole covered by leafs unseen by the operator (me) always on the down hill side. Does not happen often. But it comes with the terrain, i usually am taking my time and being careful but on occasions it happens. i’m usually on property clearing trees for people that you can’t take bobcats, or anything else down through there because of the terrain and the slope. Sometimes i can only traverse the terrain by going straight up and straight back down becuase the slope is too great to drive across.
I use mine on the same type of terrain in New England. The Power trac 1430 and 1460 type are the best made for side hills and stability. I have a Ryan's rotating log grapple and pull trees on side hills with the arms raised and haven't tipped it yet, thank God!

/ I broke it again. #19  
😮Wow! When you wrote

"...I am kinda rough on this little machine..."

I was kind of thinking "who owns a PT that isn't using it hard?" Dropping a PT on its side definitely qualifies as "rough" in my book. More to the point, rolling would put a great deal of torsional stress on the link on the roll over pivot.

I like what your machinist did for you, and the price is wonderful. If it breaks again, I might consider braces from the ends of the roll over bar to the outer ends of arms on the roll over bar for a little more lateral bracing.

Hopefully, you won't roll your machine again. Over the years, I have lost a couple of neighbors to tractor rolls. So, I don't take them lightly. I've dropped my 1445 wheel into unseen ground squirrel holes, and it definitely gets my adrenaline going. If you are doing lots of slope work, have you thought about getting a 425 or 1860?

All the best,

Peter

/ I broke it again.
Wow! When you wrote

"...I am kinda rough on this little machine..."

I was kind of thinking "who owns a PT that isn't using it hard?" Dropping a PT on its side definitely qualifies as "rough" in my book. More to the point, rolling would put a great deal of torsional stress on the link on the roll over pivot.

I like what your machinist did for you, and the price is wonderful. If it breaks again, I might consider braces from the ends of the roll over bar to the outer ends of arms on the roll over bar for a little more lateral bracing.

Hopefully, you won't roll your machine again. Over the years, I have lost a couple of neighbors to tractor rolls. So, I don't take them lightly. I've dropped my 1445 wheel into unseen ground squirrel holes, and it definitely gets my adrenaline going. If you are doing lots of slope work, have you thought about getting a 425 or 1860?

All the best,

Peter

Is the 425 more stable? I bought this 2422 with trailer and 9 attachments for around 5,000 dollars and not sure if they would work with a bigger unit or not.i think the 2422 is bigger than the 425, i actually have the 25 hp engine which makes mine a 2425. But to go bigger means all my attachments would have to go as well.

Last edited: