I broke my CK20 loader handle

/ I broke my CK20 loader handle
Here is a view from the side.

You get a better look at the pivot ball on the end of the actuator cable. The missing ball is right behind the one shown.

Attachments

• 824006-Photo_012806_002.jpg
    824006-Photo_012806_002.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 163
   / I broke my CK20 loader handle #12  
I am having a little bit of a hard time seeing the break. Is it the top part, the socket, that failed or the balls that I assume hook to the cables? How many balls are there? Looks almost like three but there are only two cables. Does the rubber boot just pop off?

Since you got it apart that far, what was involved with the repair? Is this an on-the-tractor deal? How about a parts list and maybe costs. If that's too much to ask, just say so and I will try my best.

I wasn't abusing the loader stick but certainly using it. I suspect this is a weakness and will come up again.

This is very helpful, thanks for posting it.

/ I broke my CK20 loader handle #13  
This is whats included for part number 5CIN305
824205-JoystickAssy.jpg

Attachments

• 824205-JoystickAssy.jpg
    824205-JoystickAssy.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 157
   / I broke my CK20 loader handle #14  
Here's a couple that might have pushed a little too hard
824213-JoystickAssy1.jpg

Attachments

• 824213-JoystickAssy1.jpg
    824213-JoystickAssy1.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 120
I only had to change the pivot ball. You can do it on the tractor but it is a PITA.

If you take the two through bolts out, then remove the plastic cover. You then can gain access to the rubber boot. This just peels off around the lock.

Then you can see what your up against.

I was able to remove the mounting bracket from the fender and slide the cables between the floorboard and the fender. This allowed limited room to access the pivot and cable ends.

It did take some effort to get the unit back together, maybe somebody will share the trick to it.

Jim

/ I broke my CK20 loader handle #16  
The specifics may differ since my ck30 has no plastic. Just the rubber boot and then orange sheet metal. I suppose I'll have to look. Maybe examine the balls for damage.

So is it true that the balls are the weak link? The socket looks to be cast metal of some sort.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( So is it true that the balls are the weak link? The socket looks to be cast metal of some sort. )</font>

That would be my guess. The socket is cast. As shown in Beckys picture, mine actually ripped the plastic ball off the stud. Yours might be deformed enough to allow it to it to be forced in and out.

The rubber boot fits into a groove around the top of the pivot mount. My CK20 has a plastic trim around the base, the 30 must not have it.

Jim