I could use a skid steer...what about this?

/ I could use a skid steer...what about this? #1  

Fuddyduddy1952

Elite Member
Tractor
john deere
A skid steer does things either a tractor won't and/or it's more compact. I looked at this one for sale...what do you think?
The owner bought it new 2005, 756 hours on it. Front hydraulics. Everything works perfectly. He said they never washed it and I believe it. Garage kept. It was serviced at 500 hours but needs service again. The Kubota engine is dusty but no leaks anywhere of any fluids. Started great, no smoke. (46 hp) Pre-emissions. Hydraulic cylinders are clean, no pitting, leaks. It has a 6ft bucket. New (but dirty) tires. Nice cab/wiper/heat air
I don't have a trailer to tow it. I think I'd say if he would take it 3 miles to dealer for service (I'll pay for that), then 40 miles to me (owner lives not far past me) then I'd pay $25,000.
Does that sound fair & good price?
I just got 18T sand, horse paddock to maintain, 18T screened topsoil lawn & garden, areas to level. Friend/neighbor has one I can borrow attachments.
Thanks.
20230422_153702.jpg
20230422_153638.jpg
20230422_153654.jpg

/ I could use a skid steer...what about this? #2  
That is a nice looking machine. Low hours. One owner. All good points.
I have an older 773. Your model has improved visibility with lower lift arms but I would put a couple of backup cameras on it right away to make it livable.

/ I could use a skid steer...what about this? #4  
We have one just like it. You can save money and do that service yourself. Be careful raising the back to get to radiator. Look at how the hydraulic cooler sets in there. Very good machine. You'll like it. Grease the tension pulley on the belt drive. Drive chains on each side run in oil.

/ I could use a skid steer...what about this? #5  
Most of the skidsteers I see for sale around me in Middle Tennessee have way more hours, look rougher, and the prices aren't cheaper. A 1996 Mustang skid steer with over 5,000 hours sold for $5-$6,000 at the last equipment auction near me.

/ I could use a skid steer...what about this? #6  
I would not wait. Tractor house shows one with 798 hrs at dealer for $38,900. Buy it now and you will have something you can get your money back if you don't like it.

/ I could use a skid steer...what about this? #7  
Stay away from def first year. Had bad experience.

/ I could use a skid steer...what about this? #8  
I would not wait. Tractor house shows one with 798 hrs at dealer for $38,900. Buy it now and you will have something you can get your money back if you don't like it.
I think you can get your money back on any skid steer.

/ I could use a skid steer...what about this? #9  
Agree with others that is great find Low hours , single owner

We have the T 250 in the family 81HP Kubota with over 5000 hours. Tracks worn out and replaced

Other than that rock solid other than lending it to a friend and using the grapple he managed to rip the Hydraulic connector lines out "Twice" .

/ I could use a skid steer...what about this? #10