I did something stupid on my Sears Ride On with Seafoam...

/ I did something stupid on my Sears Ride On with Seafoam... #11  
Good thread.

I don't think it's the Seafoam either. I have run three cans in just a small amount of gas in an engine --plus poured a lot straight into the carb--with no ill effects. In fact, it cured the problem and I think dissolved some crap stuck in the carb.

/ I did something stupid on my Sears Ride On with Seafoam... #12  
can you give a little more history on the motor, and why you
were trying to use the sea foam in the first place?
it sounds like you were having issues , and maybe the
seafoam was an attempt to fix something ,
possible that those issues are related to the no start now...
as some mentioned, wear/compression/weak spark etc

/ I did something stupid on my Sears Ride On with Seafoam... #13  
If you are getting spark, and it won't pop on ether, check to make sure that the flywheel key didn't shear, thus throwing off ignition timing. I've had that happen with a violent backfire.

/ I did something stupid on my Sears Ride On with Seafoam... #14  
If you are getting spark, and it won't pop on ether, check to make sure that the flywheel key didn't shear, thus throwing off ignition timing. I've had that happen with a violent backfire.

This^^^^^^

/ I did something stupid on my Sears Ride On with Seafoam... #15  
If memory serves Seafoam will soften plastic. Since I have that experience I've been very careful with the use of it.

/ I did something stupid on my Sears Ride On with Seafoam... #16  
In my experience with an old B&S engine, the key does not have to be completely sheared. Even a partial shear or wear is enough to change the timing leading to no or hard starting. I also would check the mounting of the coil too. A change there could have the same result as a sheared key.

/ I did something stupid on my Sears Ride On with Seafoam... #17  
In my experience with an old B&S engine, the key does not have to be completely sheared. Even a partial shear or wear is enough to change the timing leading to no or hard starting. I also would check the mounting of the coil too. A change there could have the same result as a sheared key.

I believe you are correct about partly sheared key. There's a weird looking offset key for advancing/retarding timing.

/ I did something stupid on my Sears Ride On with Seafoam... #18  
One thing to check is that solenoid. Mine had an intermittent failure.

When you reset the valve gap, please verify the piston position. Mine had to be advanced 1/4" past top dead center.

/ I did something stupid on my Sears Ride On with Seafoam...
Solved: It was the flywheel key. How it broke I don't know, never hit anything. I'd like to thank all of you for you saved me from getting a new ride on. Thank You Thank You!!!!

/ I did something stupid on my Sears Ride On with Seafoam... #20  
Solved: It was the flywheel key. How it broke I don't know, never hit anything. I'd like to thank all of you for you saved me from getting a new ride on. Thank You Thank You!!!!

:applause::number1::jump::dance1::drink: