I feel like an idiot.

/ I feel like an idiot. #1  

N80

Tractor
Kubota L4400 4wd w/LA 703 FEL
I have an L4400. Just changed the oil. But the dipstick on my tractor does not look like the dipstick in the manual and it has no 'full' or 'low' indicated on it. It has two bars which might be the full and low markings but it is so different from the one in the manual that I'm not sure.

The first image is the picture from the manual. The second is the actual dipstick:

22347DSC0016.JPG

22347DSC0002.JPG

So should I fill it up to the first bar on the actual dipstick or should it go between the two bars (pretty wide range)? Right now I'm hedging my bets and have it just barely above the first bar.

/ I feel like an idiot.
I have an L4400. Just changed the oil. But the dipstick on my tractor does not look like the dipstick in the manual and it has no 'full' or 'low' indicated on it. It has two bars which might be the full and low markings but it is so different from the one in the manual that I'm not sure.

The first image is the picture from the manual. The second is the actual dipstick:

22347DSC0016.JPG

22347DSC0002.JPG

So should I fill it up to the first bar on the actual dipstick or should it go between the two bars (pretty wide range)? Right now I'm hedging my bets and have it just barely above the first bar.

/ I feel like an idiot. #3  
Bar near the tip is do not want to go below that.
Top bar is the highest you'ed want to go.
Best to put it pretty close to the top(higher bar)

/ I feel like an idiot. #4  
Bar near the tip is do not want to go below that.
Top bar is the highest you'ed want to go.
Best to put it pretty close to the top(higher bar)

/ I feel like an idiot. #5  
Hi N80,
The dipstick on your L4400 is the same as what's on my L4300. Not surprising as they use the same engine. Bob53 has it right. I keep my oil close to the bar that's farthest from the dipstick tip. That's where it was when it was delivered; that's where it is when you put the recommended quantity of oil in it after an oil change.

Kubota dipsticks are rather cryptic to say the least. I suppose if they were to add "FULL" next to one bar and "ADD" next to the other, they'd have to do it in four different languages. It's a drawback to buying products intended for an international market.

It does seem they could've done a better job in communicating this in the manual
Bob

/ I feel like an idiot. #6  
Hi N80,
The dipstick on your L4400 is the same as what's on my L4300. Not surprising as they use the same engine. Bob53 has it right. I keep my oil close to the bar that's farthest from the dipstick tip. That's where it was when it was delivered; that's where it is when you put the recommended quantity of oil in it after an oil change.

Kubota dipsticks are rather cryptic to say the least. I suppose if they were to add "FULL" next to one bar and "ADD" next to the other, they'd have to do it in four different languages. It's a drawback to buying products intended for an international market.

It does seem they could've done a better job in communicating this in the manual
Bob

/ I feel like an idiot.
Thanks guys. Time to add a little oil. I've been running it for about 5 hours at the current level, hope I haven't hurt anything. But, it was above the bottom bar so it should be fine I suppose.

/ I feel like an idiot.
Thanks guys. Time to add a little oil. I've been running it for about 5 hours at the current level, hope I haven't hurt anything. But, it was above the bottom bar so it should be fine I suppose.

/ I feel like an idiot. #9  
That does not qualify as being an idiot. This does! I bought a KK rear blade for my BX 24 and installed it on the three point with the pins on the implement pointed 'IN' because that's the way it was when I bought it. But don't tell anybody.

/ I feel like an idiot. #10  
That does not qualify as being an idiot. This does! I bought a KK rear blade for my BX 24 and installed it on the three point with the pins on the implement pointed 'IN' because that's the way it was when I bought it. But don't tell anybody.