I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it. #101  
We're just saying you can run straight CO2 for a fraction of the cost of 75/25. In my limited experience it works just as good. CO2 comes as a pressurized liquid, sort of like propane so you get a lot more in a cylinder compared to most gases. The regulator needs a different tank fitting for CO2. I got mine at Harbor Freight Regulator Gauge

/ I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it. #102  
Shield Arc, the drive wheels are .30 and .35
I really don't think I will do flux core with it
I hate slagging welds ;)
That is strange that they only go up to .035 wire. If you ever find yourself under gunned for power, you can switch to flux core self shielded wire. I've run tons of Hobart's Fabshield 21-B. I have even butchered a few bend welding tests and still passed.:eek:
Here is what it looks like.

Product Details - Hobart Brothers Performance Welding Products

Attachments

• 21B slag.JPG
    21B slag.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 21B.JPG
    21B.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 118
   / I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it.
Shield Arc, me bad, it does do .45 wire.
But, I am not sure the wheels will say .45 on them??

I am going to a gas supply store Friday, I will ask what a 100% CO2 costs.
The guy quoted me a price of 40 bucks to fill a 150 cubic feet tank with 75/25.

/ I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it. #105  
.045 makes more sense. But it is amazing the amount of general fab work that can done with .035 wire.

At the place I work for, I run .35 wire for tacking purposes, my tacks are 2 inches long;))))))
And then, it is .45.
At my work place, we run 90/10 gas.
It will be fun to just horse around finding sweet spots on different things.

/ I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it. #107  
I'm really interested in reading your review of a Everlast Mig machine! When I got my Everlast PA-200 I was floored at the quality of arc. I know people don't believe me when I say it will run 6010 as nice as my Lincoln Short hoods, and run 7018 as nice as my Lincoln Red Face machines.

I think I should start a new thread on "what solid wire is a good general all purpose wire" :)
I'm sure you will have your likes and dislikes.
Shield Arc, I will learn a lot from you yet;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

/ I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it. #110  
Well Since I posted the link to what seems to be your choice , Wonder if Mark will give me a Commission ? Yea , I know the Check is in the mail .
Seriously though , I will be interested in your reviews on how it works for you .

Fred H.

Shield Arc : Hobbyist !! Yea Right . Like My Dad in Trucking , You have Forgot More about Welding than Most of Us , Including Me , Will ever Know .:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.