I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it. #21  
You just never know about used welders. I paid $300.00 for this Mig welder, kept it for 10-years, just sold it for $1,100.00.

Paid $200.00 for this Lincoln, turned down $3,700.00 for it, and made the guy mad because I wouldn't sell it. :laughing:

Attachments

• Linde 1.jpg
    Linde 1.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 210
  • Completed.jpg
    Completed.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 449
   / I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it. #22  
I think if you're mig welding 8 hours a day, no matter what you buy, if it's different it's gonna be annoying.

/ I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it. #23  
Personally, I'd buy a used miller , 210. I've had one for 10 years , never done nuthin to it , just turn it on there bulletproof. Well of course that an. Exaggeration.haha. But they are tough you can find them on e bay for between 6 and 800. As far as the comment of made in America , some American factory's still excell, try the new maglight LED its an awesome flaslight.and made in America.

/ I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it.
no matter what you buy, if it's different it's gonna be annoying.
Yes, I won't be able to afford a nice welder like I use 5 days a week.
I run malti pass, 12 millimeter welds on the things I weld, then I have
to do toe treatments on the welds with a die grinder.
I really thaught Mark would chime in and tell me what welders are NOT
American made.

Edit=
try the new maglight LED its an awesome flaslight.and made in America.
I have 4 of them.

/ I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it. #25  
I really thaught Mark would chime in and tell me what welders are NOT
American made.

Mark would know better than I, seems as I read a lot of Lincoln welders are made in Italy, and Mexico.
Also I think I read most of the electronics in American made welders are made in Asia.

/ I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it.
I'm sure allot of the components are not American made on all welders.
I was just curious how many are assembled/made in America.

/ I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it. #27  
I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of Everlast's Mig welders! I have one of their stick welders, amazing arc! It will run 6010 every bit as nice as either one of my Lincoln Short hood machines. Will run 7018 every bit as nice as either one of my Lincoln Red face machines. If I leave the arc force, and hot start alone it will run 6010 or 7018 every bit as nice as my Lincoln V350-Pro. But does this mean their Mig machines are the same? Don't know! :confused3:

/ I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it. #28  
I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of Everlast's Mig welders! I have one of their stick welders, amazing arc! It will run 6010 every bit as nice as either one of my Lincoln Short hood machines. Will run 7018 every bit as nice as either one of my Lincoln Red face machines. If I leave the arc force, and hot start alone it will run 6010 or 7018 every bit as nice as my Lincoln V350-Pro. But does this mean their Mig machines are the same? Don't know! :confused3:

Same here, I know next to nothing about their MIG machines, I have never heard a member here that has one, and I have not seen any reports from Jody or anyone else that has one..The TIG machines seem to be good, and I know the stick machines are good, I have one and love it, but I don't know anything about the MIG's

James K0UA

/ I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it. #29  
I think Mark should send me one, I'll give it a test drive! :licking:

/ I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it. #30  
I think Mark should send me one, I'll give it a test drive! :licking:

I think that is a wonderful idea... right after he gives me one!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.