I got bad news today!

/ I got bad news today!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapracing View Post
I talked with my dealer today. The put shims/spacers in the front end to keep the control arm from moving. He said they also put some sort of shim at the rear hub. Didn't completely understand exactly what they did there. They are to return it on Monday now and I will ask some more questions then.

Humm?

Rap here's an excerpt from my invoice dated 3/19/2014...

"Jacked unit up and checked slack in front and rear wheels. Contacted Kubota service Rep and he stated that the slack was by design to allow wheels to have as much contact area with the surface of different terrains. Contacted customer and made customer aware of the reason for the slack"

What do you guys think?

Thanks
Gary

/ I got bad news today! #22  
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapracing View Post
I talked with my dealer today. The put shims/spacers in the front end to keep the control arm from moving. He said they also put some sort of shim at the rear hub. Didn't completely understand exactly what they did there. They are to return it on Monday now and I will ask some more questions then.

Humm?

Rap here's an excerpt from my invoice dated 3/19/2014...

"Jacked unit up and checked slack in front and rear wheels. Contacted Kubota service Rep and he stated that the slack was by design to allow wheels to have as much contact area with the surface of different terrains. Contacted customer and made customer aware of the reason for the slack"

What do you guys think?

Thanks
Gary

I think it is a crock of BS designed to placate the customer. I think the dealer is hoping that you will just shut up and go away.

/ I got bad news today! #23  
Makes no sense to me. The suspension moves up and down for that reason. There is no reason for that much slop in the suspension. Is the wheel likely to fall off? Probably not unless you are jumping it, but it will wear the pin and bushing faster.
Can someone who has one take a micrometer to the surface of the shaft and compare it to the ID of the bushings (ie: compare the OD of #70 in the second picture below to the ID of #60)?
Papa see if this helps first pic is of front second is rear.
View attachment 365761View attachment 365762

Aaron Z

/ I got bad news today! #24  
Not only that (wear), but with more slop, there is a much more chance of stuff breaking from impacts.

/ I got bad news today! #26  
More information here and good pictures of what is going on. Seems to be made this way time will tell.
Go to post #54

How Many X Models - Page 3 - Net Tractor Talk

From the post:
http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=108894#post108894 said:
As I mentioned earlier I took my machine apart at the rear hub and check everything out and after measuring and inspecting everything I come to the conclusion that all is good.

Remember one thing, this is my opinion. Someone else might think different and that's ok.

It is very easy to take this apart and inspect.
The top of the hub is exactly the same as the bottom.

I was expecting to see a small pin, plastic bushings, or a bad bore in the
hub itself. None of the above.

These parts fit together very snug and all are to proper size I believe.

The reason we have movement is because the bushings are made of rubber. That's right, rubber. I would never have thought the bushings would be made of rubber.

There is no damage, marks, scratches of any kind on the hub.

The rubber bushings seem to be made of medium density high quality and fit in the hub with a good tight fit. The knuckle pins fit in the rubber bushings with a good tight fit also.

The movement is from the rubber giving a little bit and not from slop in the A-Arms.
This might even be better then brass, steel or plastic bushings. Only time will tell. But I do feel confident that this will not be an issue.

The pictures below show the knuckle, pin and bushings of the rear lower left but I did take both sides top and bottom apart and inspect and found nothing wrong.

Now I don't like movement either but whatever Kubota says this movement is for or not for and whether you agree or disagree I can tell you this.

In my honest opinion it looks to be built very tough with quality parts and I don't think this will be an issue.
It looks like it is suppose to be that way. For the better of course.

If that's the case, perhaps its designed to "give" a little and prevent breaking the "ears" that the bushings go through on a hard impact?

Aaron Z

/ I got bad news today! #27  
From the post:

If that's the case, perhaps its designed to "give" a little and prevent breaking the "ears" that the bushings go through on a hard impact?

Aaron Z

Certainly not! Any slop in suspensions will cause breakage faster due to impact/shock loading. The suspension appears to have poorly made bushings in the aluminum uprights. Either bad material or bad tolerances.

/ I got bad news today! #28  
I just looked at a newer RTV 1120. It has slop in the rear hubs... It appears to be the bearings that the half shafts go through... Either CV joints arent tight or hub nut is loose.

Once again this assembly should not have any slop!

The suspension bushings look tight but without having machine in the air I can't tell you all for certain what is loose. There's only really a couple things it can be.

If this existed on a road vehicle it would be very dangerous due to changes in wheel camber while turning, etc!

/ I got bad news today! #29  
I can see all the Ambulance Chasers lining up to lead the class action lawsuit when it does break.

/ I got bad news today! #30  
I just wonder how much the wheels would torque out of alignment when pulling a load like a full hay wagon?