I got me one too...finally

/ I got me one too...finally #11  
I just got on both of Paco's strings, hopefully he'll see it and reply. Maybe we can set it up so I can call him. Yeah, one look at Paco's and I knew it was loaded, I saw all the tale tale signs of fine machine. He might be so busy now that he can't slow down to contact me.:D

The machine that I demod had everything on it. It was sweet. Having not run that machine much, it was kinda rough at first. But I'm betting that I can have it down in a very short time.

Looking at the jobs to do around here, I can't think of any machine that'll beat the ASV. Power, depenability, maintainance, fuel usgae, etc. The ASV had them all beat with the numbers.

Should the business plan work out and all the contacts come through, (signed non-binding contracts), the ASV is just the start. What I did was think way outside the box. What goes from here state wide is getting into the bigger 250 hp machines. Of course more hp means more head aches. But it's turning dollars and that's what business is all about.

Any word on the ASV section that you know of. Keep talking to me, I'm intrested in everything you have to say. Cutting heads, everything.

John Ryan

/ I got me one too...finally #12  
There is a function on here to PM someone. I PMed paco so hopefully he'll see it and get back to ya soon.

Oh ya, your just scratching the surface. I've demoed some big boys and they are cool, pricey, but cool. Cutting capacity is directly related to HP and you will will run out of both sooner than you think. But 100's are good to learn on and a must for a "fleet" for sensitive areas.

But back to the 100, call your vermeer dealer and inquire about a 100 with a mulcher. The only think extra is the Aux. Hyd cooler they installed. The other items are from ASV and you would just have to make sure they ordered it correctly. I can't imagine them not having one with as many mulchers running in Texas as there are.

/ I got me one too...finally #13  
Robbie,

I've been all over the Vermeer web site looking at stump grinders and tub grinders and never once saw anything about the ASV's with mulchers. Never the less I've got their 800 number and will call them this week.

Lots of mulchers in Texas? I only know of 6. One is close to Houston, one in the Kerrville area, one in Burnet, one in Lufkin and a couple around Texarcanna. But, let me be clear, these are ones with web sites.

There very well could be others out there, just don't know about them. I do know for a fact that within 6-8 counties around me, nada. I've got privite foresters in east Texas that are screaming at me daily to come over with 250hp machines to do work. Some of it is still cleaning up from Huricane Rita.

South Texas is another hot spot. West Texas is yet another. No one has even dared venture there with these types of machines. TxDOT and their sub's want this equipment. Ever feel like your pot of gold is just right there and some SOB has you hog tied? That's how I feel.

The one in Burnet is running a 250hp Barko with a Seppi head (flail type). He only charges $150/hr, everything included. Unless a "dutch uncle" gave him the Barko, I don't know how he's making it.

My e-mail address is jp.ryan@suddenlink.net

John Ryan

/ I got me one too...finally #14  
I paid 60k for my machine with every available option to my knowledge. Fecon head not included. A man around Nashville has the same head Robbie has for sale and is asking 12k obo. That would be a good buy if it checks out ok.

/ I got me one too...finally #15  
Thanks for the reply Paco. I'm going to contact Vermeer and see what they have. Then I'm coming back to you & Robbie and we'll talk some more.

Robbie, just had a flash back. The Fecon dealer, Lynn Hyndrex, installs hydralics on the Fecon push bar. Then he fastens as many hooks on top of it. That way when you need to back drag material, just a push of the button from inside the cab. Cuts down on wasted time from what I can see.

You guys are super. If I come that way to buy from your dealers, beers on me. Count me in as one of the ASVers on this board. I'll figure out the PM thing one way or the other.

John Ryan

/ I got me one too...finally
Hello John,

I just finished up the day, one of my first few jobs mulching. I have not purchased the head yet, today I rented a Bradco Magnum for the rest of the week to check it out. I have only run a Fecon on a Bobcat T300 before this. I would liketo try the Fecon on my ASV before I purchase one. The only observation I have negative of the Bradco is this unit was only rented a few times and it looks like it is 2 years old. One bolt on the top is sheared off, the door is slightly bent and the hoses are to short to short to roll the head more then half way forward. I am not sure if the first few renters were that rough or this thing just doean't hold up.

And one day in the woods and the girl has some scratches, really need to make a gaurd for the rear "hood"...and I need a radio.

Ted

PS I like Sam Adams White Ale....

/ I got me one too...finally #17  
Hey Ted. Congrates on your first mulching job. It feels good doesn't it? First thing first, you have to get some guards on that girl soon. That hood will not handle any hitting at all. I pushed my guard into the hood last week and I thought I was being careful. More guards soon and more counterweights.

Second. Most people renting equipment "drive it like they stole it" anyway. Probably holds true for rental equipment also. Will the dealer get you a head just for you to rent if you rent it often?

Also, finally caught up with the Vermeer salesman and he brought out a Magnum head today for me to run. Had the wrong case drain fitting on it so no go. Will reschedule, no big deal. The guy was pretty cool and we hit it off good even though we had some communication problems in the beginning. But my point, it also looked a little rough and I can't recall seeing a head that had a door that WASN'T bent. I think its just to close to the "action". The head was fairly new for it had double sided teeth and they hadn't been flipped yet. But just my intial take on the head I think it has potential. It was a good size and weight.

Okay, come on a radio???:D You will learn the sound your pumps make and that will help you run your tractor.

Later Robbie

/ I got me one too...finally #18  
You got it Ted. But you'll have to remember it when I get up there, I'll forget by then. Congrats on the job, I'm insanely jelous (sp) right now.

John

Robbie,

It'll be good to hear your opinion on the Bradco. The area I was working in to today had ledge sticking out of the ground everywhere and plenty of rocks. I must of hit 10 an hour, being as careful as I could but too many were hidden under the leaves. None of the teeth were broken so I guess it can take some abuse.

Ted

Thanks John!

I'll tell you one thing, I'm going to buy that head soon....$400 a day rental for the head adds up quick!