I got this stupid idea...

/ I got this stupid idea... #1  

Anonymous Poster

Hi,

I think this is an owning/operating question... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I have regretted buying the 5' RFM with my B2910...Should have got a 6 footer.

Then, I sort of like MMMs for my short weeds, as right now we probably only have an acre of grass to cut, with a number of obstructions. I will have more as I clear off the 2 acres back behind the pond, after I get my shed finished.

So I start thinking about " Zero percent financing" at Kubota. Perhaps that is still in effect? The Woods RD6000 RFM only has about three cutting hours on it. Was dry and the grass did not grow last year. It has been under cover over the winter and is now too as I have been using my garden tractor for grass cutting cause I have an extra pile of top soil in the way with the shed project going on.

I now have this idea that maybe I could work a deal with my dealer, and give him back this good as new RFM and buy a bx something or outher witha 72" MMM. Pay it off under zero interest terms, over as long a period as possible.

I'm not sure what this condition I have is, but can you suggest a cure?

It all started when my younger daughter's boyfriend was looking at the shed progress, and commented that it looks like there might be another tractor on the way. I guess the B2910 looked small in there or something...

I know trescrows has a bx and a b2410...seems like a bx and a b2910 would be a good partnership.

If I don't come to my senses...should I get a loader with the bx too? I already have the one on the b2910...

I agree there are no stupid questions...but there certainly are stupid ideas, right???

Just call me nuts in Pittsburgh... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ I got this stupid idea... #2  
More tractors /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I like the way you think /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have a NH TC30 tractor for the utilitarian needs and a Gravely zero-turn for cutting grass. I like having two machines, each one is ideal for what I use it for and not a compromise. Of course, this only works if you are not adverse to spending lots of money /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ I got this stupid idea... #3  
Bill--

IMHO, Mrwurm has the right idea; if what you're looking for is mowing capability, have you considered buying a machine designed for mowing? Better when things are soft, of course, and a more attractive cut. The downside is another machine to maintain, but you're headed in that direction anyway. I'm thinking about a Wright Stander mowers, although I am afraid our hills are too steep for one; if your area to be mowed is not too hilly, a good ZTR mower like a Hustler or Exmark or a would be cheaper, faster, and would leave a more attractive finish than another CUT, and might eliminate the need for the garden tractor. This approach also eliminates issues regarding having the MMM in place when you want to use the loader, box blade, etc. Plus--if you fill up the shed too fast you won't have room for more stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ I got this stupid idea...
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I now have this idea that maybe I could work a deal with my dealer, and give him back this good as new RFM and buy a bx something or outher witha 72" MMM. Pay it off under zero interest terms, over as long a period as possible.)</font>

Sorry, no 72" mmm for the BX series. 60" is max. The good news is that the 0% is good thru 8/31/03! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ I got this stupid idea... #5  
Stupid idea?????? Heck no!! I just wish I had your problems. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Shoot if you can do it.....DO IT

Darin

/ I got this stupid idea... #6  
If you could get by with a smaller backhoe then maybe you could trade in both your finish mower and your backhoe and get one of those little BX22's. I don't know much about the Kubota line so maybe the 22 isn't a good mowing machine /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ I got this stupid idea... #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The good news is that the 0% is good thru 8/31/03!)</font>

Unless things have changed drastically, the 0% financing deal
was on new Kubota equipment and accessories sold in conjunction
with such.

I have thought it was rather generous for Kubota to finance
at 0% a ~$6K Woods loader on a $15K Kubota tractor, but they
are surely meeting expenses. I wouldn't expect them to
outright finance a purchase excluding Kubota products.

/ I got this stupid idea... #8  
"nuts in Pittsburgh..."

Hey Bill, I will certainly join in your endeavor to add another tractor to your ranks. I've kind of been thinkin' that a BX1500 would make a nice complement to my B2910. However, the little bit of sanity I have left says that I really shouldn't do anything as long as my trusty Honda HT3813 is still doing it's job. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif (Pssst....anyone interested in a 17 y.o. Honda? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif)

Anyway, using the bit of sanity I have left with what you have left...can you tell me why you just don't get a 72" mmm for your B2910? Oops...I hope that doesn't make too much sense! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You do have the 3 pt. hoe, so you don't have that backhoe frame bracket in the way like I do on my Woods hoe. (See...if you had gotten a Woods subframe backhoe, I could be a bit more supportive of your plight. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Anyway...remember the last time you started lookin' at BX's...you ended up with a B2910. So...here's my advice. The rates are low...you want a 72" mmm...you have plenty of room in the new shed/cathedral....get another B2910...then you can share all implements. It's the only LOGICAL solution. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm not sure what this condition I have is, but can you suggest a cure? )</font>

You're asking the wrong person here! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Two B2910's....yep...that's MY advice.

See you at the asylum. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

~"nuts in Feeding Hills"....a.k.a. ~Rick

/ I got this stupid idea... #9  
Hey Bill,

Just in case you havn't thought of this excuse for a 2nd tractor, I just did this the other day.

I had drug up dirt & misc into piles, up & down the drive & on the lawn that needed to be removed. I started picking it up with the loader. As you know, it started pushing down the drive or across the lawn. Instead of hand loading, I took the second tractor with box blade, set it down against the piles & then could pick them up with the loader on the 1st tractor.

Sure beats a heart attack. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Of course the CFO will go for it, I have more than one tractor.
Good luck

/ I got this stupid idea... #10  
2 things u need to consider, #1 u don't need another tractor(did i actually say that?) if u need a mowing machine think about a ztr. and #2 don't let your daughter s boy friends give u any ideas, actually don't let her have any boyfriends u will be a whole lot happier. i let my daughter hae a boyfriend, which turned into a husband, which then turned into a little 2 year old grandson that only wants to play with popies tractor.
darn kid wants my seat time /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif so i give it to him /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif