I guess its true, nothing runs like a Deere

/ I guess its true, nothing runs like a Deere #11  
Incredible. That tractor was screaming! There is a guy that can think on his feet too; say what you will about the safety of it. I think I would have given it a try in the same situation if I thought of it in time. Does anyone know if he stopped the spread of the fire?

Nothing said about it anywhere that I saw, but looking at the tail-end of the video shows the fire stopped where he started the plowing. Watch it again and take notice at the top left of the video as it ends. I would say his efforts paid off.

/ I guess its true, nothing runs like a Deere #12  
Nothing said about it anywhere that I saw, but looking at the tail-end of the video shows the fire stopped where he started the plowing. Watch it again and take notice at the top left of the video as it ends. I would say his efforts paid off.

I did notice that the fire appeared to be deterred by the plowed section; just couldn't tell if it saved the day. It definitely looked like a promising result. Hope it all worked out for him.

/ I guess its true, nothing runs like a Deere #13  
It looks to me that it is a harvested grain field with stubble burning. I think he was keeping the fire spread down to save people's property downwind.

/ I guess its true, nothing runs like a Deere #14  
It looks to me that it is a harvested grain field with stubble burning. I think he was keeping the fire spread down to save people's property downwind.

I would disagree with that. The stalks are too tall to be harvested already. Right at the end when he pulls out onto the tilled area, you can see it is tall enough to be well up into the rim. That means it has to be 2 feet high at least.

/ I guess its true, nothing runs like a Deere #15  
I agree RaydaKub. Unless they use a lot different technique in Colorado than here in Ea WA that is an unharvested field of some brand of grain. However, did you see all the tire tracks thru the field? Somebody, other than this farmer, has made a lot of passes thru that burning field.

/ I guess its true, nothing runs like a Deere
I wouldn't think they would get that close to the fire to save stalks would they? At the end of the video just before he pops out of the field it looks like his tires are spinning. He must've had that tractor pegged wide open non stop. I hope for their sake they were able to save some of their field.

/ I guess its true, nothing runs like a Deere #17  
I thought that most farmers have crop insurance.

/ I guess its true, nothing runs like a Deere #18  
I had to do that once to save a field of cut hay but only about 40 acres. Its not fun, plain scary.

To this day there are washboards in that field from me running that disk bouncing as fast as the tractor would pull it. 12+mph?

/ I guess its true, nothing runs like a Deere #19  
Wow....just wow!

/ I guess its true, nothing runs like a Deere #20  
Does anyone know if he stopped the spread of the fire?

I've read elsewhere that he did. The field was approx 80 acres and 20 to 30 acres burned.