Buying Advice I have big decision to make....

/ I have big decision to make.... #11  
Does either Dealer make you feel better about buying from them? If so, that's the way to go. I would look at it as this will be my last Dealer, not tractor.

/ I have big decision to make....
green you are 100% right no one wants to do any deals these days i do feel the kubota might be a little underpowered but as you said when you junp up to the l3940hst you are in john deere money their and i can't see me shelling out the 26-28 thousand for one when i can get the kioti for less with more hp. then again the old saying you get what you paid for keeps entering my mind:confused2:

/ I have big decision to make.... #13  
How strong is the dealer net work for Kioti in your area. I'm in the middle of farm country in west central Illinois, and Kioti doesn't have a strong presence in the area. I keep thinking about Montana tractors, they tried to break into this area, and only lasted a couple of years. I'm not saying bad things about the Kioti dealer network, its just probably not as strong as Kubota is in my area. If you want the best dealer network, go green.

That said, I'd get whatever tractor fits your needs better. If the Kubota has features you want, and you can live with the lower power, go for it. Kubotas seem to be lighter weight tractors than other brands in the same size, but its easy to add weight, hard to remove it.

Reading your posts, it sounds like you have already made up your mind. Listen to that voice deep down inside of you, I've found out its usually right.

/ I have big decision to make.... #14  
If I was you I would:

1. Try them both out. If you sit on the DK45 and determine that it is too big and won't be able to fit where I need it, well more tractor isn't always good and the Kubota would be a better choice.

2. Talk to the dealers. See which dealer will earn your money. If you decide the Kubota is a better machine and show the Kubota dealer that you have a lot more tractor for the same money, they should take a nice portion off the top.

I don't think that the DK45 is to big, but that's for my uses, not yours. For a while I was doing work around the house with just an 85HP utility tractor, so I can handle a big machine, but even then I didn't always enjoy using it and would sometimes wish I had a smaller machine for the nimbleness. Between these to choices though, there's not as much difference and if you can handle the slightly bigger frame (I think you can do it) then the DK45 is a better option IMO.

thanks to you all for your help i just went and wrote a check for the dk40hst i thought about it and said to myself that the dk35 would be fine but, my dealer told me that they are not going to make that unit anymore he said it may come back later so i said fine the dk45 is to big so write me up a dk40 and throw in a rhino 6' box blade and by goly he said he would deliver it by friday. i feel like i did ok on the deal and i think it will be all i need.;)

/ I have big decision to make.... #16  
thanks to you all for your help i just went and wrote a check for the dk40hst i thought about it and said to myself that the dk35 would be fine but, my dealer told me that they are not going to make that unit anymore he said it may come back later so i said fine the dk45 is to big so write me up a dk40 and throw in a rhino 6' box blade and by goly he said he would deliver it by friday. i feel like i did ok on the deal and i think it will be all i need.;)
Congrats on the new tractor! The DK40/45/50 are all the same size by the way, but I think you'll find they are quite maneuverable.

/ I have big decision to make.... #17  

Congrats on the new tractor and your deal! Enjoy it, and remember, we want pictures!!!!

i will do just that i guess i should take them before i move this 25 tons of dirt first would hate to get it dirty:laughing::laughing:

/ I have big decision to make.... #19  
i will do just that i guess i should take them before i move this 25 tons of dirt first would hate to get it dirty:laughing::laughing:

No Way! I prefer dirty tractor pictures!
:D

Who has time to wash the tractor anyways!

Congrats & Welcome to the Pack
howl2.gif
!!

David

/ I have big decision to make.... #20  
Congrats on your new tractor; do before, during and after pictures.:thumbsup: