I have taught my neighbors well.........

/ I have taught my neighbors well......... #1  

RonR

Veteran Member
Tractor
2003 BX2200
In the past 3 wks, we've had 3 snow/ice storms! First sleet storm was about 3", which overnite turning into one solid sheet of ICE; a few days later, we got about 7" of snow; and this week we had about 4".

I take care of the neighbor's drives, but I've told them I won't come on the driveway if there is one or more cars on it--too much chance of sliding into it, or whacking it, etc. And it is much easier to clean if I have some access.

Now, when I fire up the Bota, I see neighbors popping outside to get their cars out in the street, so I can clean the drives.

The wife saw that and laughed at how well I've trained them!

ron

/ I have taught my neighbors well......... #2  
RonR said:
The wife saw that and laughed at how well I've trained them!

ron

Errr... I think they've trained YOU.

/ I have taught my neighbors well......... #3  
When are you moving to New York? I can sell my'bota!!! You are one nice neighbor Ron.

/ I have taught my neighbors well......... #4  
If you should plow your neighbor out next year,I bet he won't forget the warning....strange how that works. ;)

/ I have taught my neighbors well......... #5  
Now if you don't plow them out they'll think you're mad at them when you were just trying to be nice in the first place...

/ I have taught my neighbors well......... #6  
Yeah, and when your not going to be home (vacation), just leave keys in tractor, I'm sure they will be glad to clean off your drive for you.

/ I have taught my neighbors well......... #7  
Keep it up, first it is good for your neighbors and secondly it is darn good for the bota to get out there and play. Had our first snow that we could blow last night. I worked (played) all morning............

/ I have taught my neighbors well......... #8  
I also clean the neigbors drives. Next door neigbor always brings over lunch for me and wife. Lady across the street broght over a full bread pudding (my favorite). Neighbor on the other side, when I needed to take tractor in to his yard to replace rotted fence posts, said "I don't care what you need to do in my yard, just go ahead and do it". I have very good neighbors, but I also try to be a very good neighbor.

ron

/ I have taught my neighbors well.........
One other thing I really enjoy, if I catch one of the neighbor's kids outside. I push as much snow to the base of the driveway, just at the edge of the street. This last time, the snow was 2-3 ft deep across the drive.

When I'm about done getting the snow to the base, I shut the tractor off, and calmy tell the kid "Moving the snow to the road is FREE, but if you Daddy wants it piled up out of his way, well, that $20.

They always run back inside to tell Mom or Dad.............

By then, I've moved the end of drive row of snow off to the side of the drive.

ron

/ I have taught my neighbors well......... #10  
RonR said:
One other thing I really enjoy, if I catch one of the neighbor's kids outside. I push as much snow to the base of the driveway, just at the edge of the street. This last time, the snow was 2-3 ft deep across the drive.

When I'm about done getting the snow to the base, I shut the tractor off, and calmy tell the kid "Moving the snow to the road is FREE, but if you Daddy wants it piled up out of his way, well, that $20.

They always run back inside to tell Mom or Dad.............

By then, I've moved the end of drive row of snow off to the side of the drive.

ron

Then you click your heels and disappear, right? :)