I haven't seen one of these in a while

/ I haven't seen one of these in a while #51  
A waitress with nose or lip piercings really turn my stomach to the point that I leave or change table.

I have never understood a need for "Booger Catchers".

/ I haven't seen one of these in a while #52  
A waitress with nose or lip piercings really turn my stomach to the point that I leave or change table.
Ditto here. When I see a guy with face piercings all that I can think of is what would happen if it got caught in a piece of equipment. Yet you can't deny or terminate their job for it, as they can claim it as part of their religion. Church of Body Modification
We go through tolerance training every year, and that is one thing which we have been "sensitized" to.

So a restaurant owner can't dismiss a worker who is driving his customers away, because wearing piercings is part of her religion. (And it's been tried in court.)

/ I haven't seen one of these in a while #54  

De gustibus non est disputandum.
:)

Steve

What's wrong with your bus?

b_730_d1e82753-c0fe-4a72-8195-90f822e5b6c3.jpeg

:)

Bruce

/ I haven't seen one of these in a while #55  
If there's a phone book inside that cover and there looks to be, I really am impressed!

/ I haven't seen one of these in a while #57  
Phone booths........ back in the early 90's, somebody designed a sound-proof booth for bars.

For a fee, you could go inside it, close the door, and program the background sound you wanted (Factory floor, roadside traffic, grocery store, sporting event......) and make a call......

Haven't looked.... won't be surprised if there is an App for that today......

Rgds, D.

/ I haven't seen one of these in a while #58  
Phone booths........ back in the early 90's, somebody designed a sound-proof booth for bars.

For a fee, you could go inside it, close the door, and program the background sound you wanted (Factory floor, roadside traffic, grocery store, sporting event......) and make a call......

Haven't looked.... won't be surprised if there is an App for that today......

Rgds, D.

Never saw one. Coulda used that phone booth a time or ten.

/ I haven't seen one of these in a while #59  
Back in the 80’s a friend shared with me a technique that phone repairmen use to test the ring of the phone. It involved by pressing the receiver lever a certain number/length of time (think very slow Morse code) then hanging up. If we were bored waiting by the phone for our parents after school, we’d pretend to be calling someone then walk away when the phone would ring moments later for an unsuspecting kid to pick it up.

And does 853-1212 ring a bell with any of you?

/ I haven't seen one of these in a while #60  
we used to dial the phone by clicking the receiver lever instead of using the dial. Worked great for low number calls, like 233-1212. But you get a number with a bunch of 7's, 8's, 9's it was hard to keep the timing correct.