I Just had to do it!!!! RCK60B-22BX MMM

/ I Just had to do it!!!! RCK60B-22BX MMM #1  

Semper FI

Tractor
2005 BX23
After reading all the posts concerning the amount of grease in the MMM decks I just had to go and take apart mine, it's a RCK60B-22BX. Just let me state this deck is NEW, as in never been on BX23 or has never cut one blade of grass. When I received it I shot about 10 pumps of grease into each fitting, checked the gear box for fluid, it was full. Then I put it away till I read all the posts about lack of grease. Here is what I found after taking off blades and spindle guards , NO GREASE AT ALL COULD BE SEEN! So I started pumping grease into all spindle shafts, I did not count but 30 or forty pumps each untill the grease came out of the bottom of the shafts. Now remember I pumps each 10 X's when I receved MMM. Then I greased all other fittings, Icould not get grease to go into the self-balance suspended linkage so I removed bolt and drive out pin with drift pin. Balance pin was bone dry! Lubed it, replaced grease fitting and was very pleased that I had done that! This is being posted because I want other TBN members to check their MMM decks that are suspose to be greased from either factory or dealers may not be! Semper FI

/ I Just had to do it!!!! RCK60B-22BX MMM #2  
Thanks Semper FI, I was about to mount my BCK60-27B MMM, since it is off the B7800 I'll be sure to do the lube verification. The dealer that I bought it from said it was ready to go, but after reading the MMM feedback I am not too sure, I will report back!

Also I ordered some Gator blades based on the great feedback within this form.

/ I Just had to do it!!!! RCK60B-22BX MMM #3  
WOW --- That's discouraging to hear.
Glad you took the time to do that to a NEW piece of equipment.
I'm sure you're more than a little disappointed with what you found.

/ I Just had to do it!!!! RCK60B-22BX MMM #4  
The deck that I just bought (whole goods no dealer prep) needed about a tube of greese to see anything from the spindles. All other places (balance bar and wheels) seem to have had some greese from factory.

Dave