I know I bought this Gator as a work ATV but

/ I know I bought this Gator as a work ATV but #1  

rooster628

Is there any way to make it ride smoother? Just bought a '04 TX Turf Gator w/ 1900 hours on it for the ranch. New shocks? I'm going to get some new rear tires (has 24x12x10NHS on rear). Also, has anyone ever replaced the stock gas pedal with a different type? Also, shade. Any way to make a roll bar to attach homemade shade for the south Texas sun? Thanks

/ I know I bought this Gator as a work ATV but #2  
What kind of air pressures are you running in the tires? There's a HD front suspension kit that's available for those models that might make the front a bit smoother. All I can say is slow down over the rough stuff and that will give you some relief. Other than that, there isn't much you can do to smooth the ride out.

What's wrong with the OEM gas pedal?, I wouldn't see why it would need to be replaced unless it was broken. Look online for a sun shade, I know have seen them on that body style Gator.

/ I know I bought this Gator as a work ATV but #3  
Curtis and Firebird make sun shades. The two post firebird is alot nicer and more expensive. If your talking about changing the stock starting system so it doesn't turn on and off with the gas peal... it can be done with time and a little money. Turf gators work good for golf courses bu the are a PITA for work related chores. You should wait for the new TX gator.. new style bed... more HP... coil over suspension in the back!!

Just a s a side note the HD suspension depending on the setting used can make the ride rougher.