I mow I break ribs, I mow I total mowers, I weed eat I land on my head, NOT ANYMORE

/ I mow I break ribs, I mow I total mowers, I weed eat I land on my head, NOT ANYMORE
Neat! I only watched 1 video where it is side slipping along the road. I guess that is your max angle which looks maybe steeper than 45 degrees?

You are correct, the slope varies but I feel its safe to say it is 50-60 degree. I'm pretty happy with the way it holds its ground on that slope, I know it slides down hill some on something that steep, and I think part of that is due to the grass is in clumps, you have bare soil then a clump, more bare soil then a clump, I think (and Hope) it will do better is the slope were more consistantly vegatated.
The main benefit is that it used to take me an hour to weed eat that slope, now two passes with the mower and a little weed eating and I'm done in 20 minutes, the same way with the rest of my yard, it used to take 3 hours to weed eat all the slopes I have, now it takes 40 minutes of mowing and 10 minutes with a weed eater. I have a 30 HP Kubota 4wd tractor with the dually wheels in the rear that will not even attempt to climp slopes in reverse or forward that this mower will walk all over.

I have had a lot of folks tell me we need to patent it but patents cost a lot of money and a lot of time, neither of which I have a lot of. This is actually the second build, the first being a small 19 inch, 2wd, which worked out SUPER, then we changed it to 4wd and it works great, so now this one. I would love to see these go into production but I don't have the capitol to do it!

/ I mow I break ribs, I mow I total mowers, I weed eat I land on my head, NOT ANYMORE #22  
I wonder if you went with a wider tire if it would slide less. I would also be concerned with the oil pump pick up. I really like your innovative thinking. could you post some close up pics so us nosy people could see how every thing works.
Bill

/ I mow I break ribs, I mow I total mowers, I weed eat I land on my head, NOT ANYMORE
I wonder if you went with a wider tire if it would slide less. I would also be concerned with the oil pump pick up. I really like your innovative thinking. could you post some close up pics so us nosy people could see how every thing works.
Bill

Bill,
If you saw the slope in person you would know why it is sliding, I can't stand on that slope, turf tires would help I'm sure I can mow that slope up and down, but sideways is tough, the slope your talking about is almost 70 degree

/ I mow I break ribs, I mow I total mowers, I weed eat I land on my head, NOT ANYMORE #24  
If you're not going to patent, would you mind posting the build? I see that it's a frame bolted to the mower deck, but it seems like a pretty well thought out executed piece of american ingenuity.

If you're not going to patent, would you mind posting the build? I see that it's a frame bolted to the mower deck, but it seems like a pretty well thought out executed piece of american ingenuity.

I am flattered by the request, If I were to document the build it would take me about as long as it would to build one, there are very few store bought items, there is hours upon hours of fabrication put into this build. The sprockets, the wheel hubs, the mowing deck, the blade set up, the axles, the offset of the chains, the tension set up etc etc, it was all custom built. I might entertain building one for someone who needed one with the strict stipulation that I would have no liability involved after the fact. I see where there are a couple companies that build remote mowers but they get a HUGE premium for the mowers. I could build one for a fraction of the cost but the liability scares me.
This mower would be impossible to build unless you are a very skilled machinest, and welder as well as creative fabricator. Its not as simple as buy this bolt it here and do this.

/ I mow I break ribs, I mow I total mowers, I weed eat I land on my head, NOT ANYMORE #26  
Yard drone.......I love it!!!! :cool2:

/ I mow I break ribs, I mow I total mowers, I weed eat I land on my head, NOT ANYMORE #27  
... I might entertain building one for someone who needed one with the strict stipulation that I would have no liability involved after the fact. I see where there are a couple companies that build remote mowers but they get a HUGE premium for the mowers. I could build one for a fraction of the cost but the liability scares me...

I may be interested in one if you really think you could offer one for a fairly reasonable price. :thumbsup:

(I would have no issue agreeing to a stipulation on liability.)

/ I mow I break ribs, I mow I total mowers, I weed eat I land on my head, NOT ANYMORE #28  
What are you using for drive motors ?

/ I mow I break ribs, I mow I total mowers, I weed eat I land on my head, NOT ANYMORE #29  
Very nice work, only with limited (but valuable) applications. I may have missed this if someone has already brought it up, but given that I suspect the engine you are using is splash lubrcated, is there a concern that the extream angles will affect lubractaion, long term? I am sure the manifactuer of the engine has a spec on it. Just curious, but as I said, impressive work!