I need a measurement please.

/ I need a measurement please. #1  

hunt4570

Tractor
Grand L3540 ,724 loader, bucket, grapple and now forks also! And just for OP.. a pool!
I'm having difficulty with the breakout force on the bucket on my Kubota L3540 with a LA724 loader with the QD bucket system.

Just got the tractor back from the dealer, they went through the whole hydraulic system and also turned the pressure to max specs.. the problem is still there.

The Kubota tech noticed the bucket I have is not a Kubota bucket but an old bucket made up by the previous owner to work on the QD system. It did not go with the tractor to the dealer, it had the grapple on it.

Anyway, he's thinking that the bucket is to long giving up its proper leverage, so what I'm needing is the distance from the hydraulic cylinder pin to the leading edge of the bucket for comparison to the one I have now. He did not have this model loader/bucket on his lot to measure nor could we find measured drawings showing this distance.. your help would be much apreciated.

This is a side picture of my current bucket, distance from that pin to leading edge of my bucket is right at 35 inches.

Thanks.

/ I need a measurement please. #2  
I have a LA724 loader. I would be glad to measure for you. I don't quite understand stand what you need measured. Is the bucket curled all the way back for the measurement?

/ I need a measurement please. #3  
24" on my LA 525 if this helps.

/ I need a measurement please.
I have a LA724 loader. I would be glad to measure for you. I don't quite understand stand what you need measured. Is the bucket curled all the way back for the measurement?

Thanks, probably just flat on the ground, thats the position I measured mine in.

/ I need a measurement please. #6  
Yes I have a QA loader. I have a friend with a LA524 loader. The bucket on my LA724 is considerably bigger.

Yes I have a QA loader. I have a friend with a LA524 loader. The bucket on my LA724 is considerably bigger.

Any way, with the bucket flat on the ground, measure from the pin on the end of the curl piston to the front edge of the bucket..

Maybe even from the front edge of the bucket to the bottom slot on the QD mount

thanks

/ I need a measurement please. #8  
The tractor is at my grandpa's place now. We have been loading dirt with it. I will try to measure it today, but it might be a few days.

The tractor is at my grandpa's place now. We have been loading dirt with it. I will try to measure it today, but it might be a few days.

Ok, thanks. I just went out looking at this thing and thinking about whats happening. I think what I need is a measurement from the bottom pivot pin to the leading edge of the bucket. The tech was talking about the geometry being wrong, so that pivot point would make the most sense as to where to measure from, also.. that measurement would be the same regardless of what position the bucket was in.

Thanks again.

And it looks to me like we both like the same caliber!

Scott

/ I need a measurement please. #10  
27" on my LA724, for comparison.
It's a pin-on, so probably a little shorter than your distance would measure.
It's the HD "round-back" bucket with a bolt-on cutting edge.
-Jim