Buying Advice I need a new mower!

/ I need a new mower! #21  

Attachments

• FMX-60Hs-2T.jpeg
    FMX-60Hs-2T.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 181
   / I need a new mower! #23  
Just went through the dilemma of a new mower or a rear finish mower for my kubota l3000 and make it the dedicated mower. Chose a 72" finishing mower and I'm really happy with my decision. But, in your case you are needing a new machine to power the finish mower so you'll be spending a good bit of money regardless. A little b series with a loader could be handy around the yard though :).

Attachments

• asset.jpeg
    asset.jpeg
    2.7 KB · Views: 317
   / I need a new mower! #24  
The only problem with the front decks are the price. If you can swallow that and deal with the increased size of the machine they’re the best mowers made. Maybe we’re dealing with different grass but I’ve never had a deck clog that required manual cleaning and I log hundreds of hours a year mowing. I’m not a MMM fan. They’re a pain to deal with and if purchased new cost as much as a pretty decent mower. I paid less for my F series Kubota, my Grasshopper ZTR, and second Dixie chopper than what a new MMM cost. I lift my mowers up a couple times a year and pressure wash the decks and that’s the existent of my deck cleaning. IMG_4073.JPG

/ I need a new mower! #25  
Never had a grass clog up my mower deck to the extent that I had to manually clean it. I do have to clean under the deck due to the darned crawfish mounds that get thrown up and stick to it. They also contain small rocks and sand that reek havoc with the blades. I get about 1.5 years from each blade before the lift vane wears thru due to the sand blasting it gets from each mound.

/ I need a new mower! #26  
I don稚 know what I paid for the 60 mid mount for my BX but maybe $1500 or a little more. You can spend over 20k for a F series Kubota.

/ I need a new mower! #27  
That looks pretty darn good as far as access goes. Not quite the complete stood-up and open of the front mounts but looks easy to get to blades and wash things out. Even just being able to lift it well clear of the ground and shake things over some rough ground would be a big help.

The Ls really have some nice features and capabilities, I sat on a Grand L6060 at the dealer and that was by far the nicest tractor I've ever been on, that was a really nice machine. Even the little ones are too big for me though, really want the light weight and the small size of the Bs though. The heavy stuff the Case can do, lighter stuff in the orchard and on the turf could be handed by a little machine.

Nice Ram too!

Got a Woods 60" groomer on the back of a BX24. When I want to get back of the mower up, I have a little slope that I place the 2 back wheels of the groomer on and tighten the top link all the way. Even as low as the little BX is I have plenty of room to clean underneath the mower. Instead of a slope, sometimes I'll use a jack stand, lift the mower with the 3pt, place the stand under the back of the groomer and lower the 3pt, tighten the top link, then lift the mower back up.

/ I need a new mower! #28  
Kubota GR2120.