I need a taller seat on my 3325

/ I need a taller seat on my 3325 #1  

bbse

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3325
I have a 3325 and love it. One problem I have is the seat is so low and even with it back and up it still sits real low. Does any one know of a way without dropping 300 bucks on a way to raise the seat up. I'm a 5'10" 275 pounder and even with the tensioner all the way up I bottom the seat all the time and it is beating me up too.

/ I need a taller seat on my 3325 #2  
Depending on how high you want it, you could just replace the original bolts with longer ones and add some larger washers or some extra steel plates.

/ I need a taller seat on my 3325 #3  
I just raised a seat up with 2"+ channel...just bored both sides of the channel with the same bolt pattern as the original seat mount...bolted the channel to the original holes and the seat bracket (including adjustment mech.) to the holes in the top of the channel...

/ I need a taller seat on my 3325 #4  
I’m not sure if OP wants to sit higher because it’s too low or if OP wants to beef up the seat suspension which will have OP sitting higher.

/ I need a taller seat on my 3325 #5  
Mine would bottom out on rough terrain. The fields I mow are pretty rough and mowing threatened to rattle the teeth out of my head. I took off the skirt and added some verticle coil springs between the upper and lower portion of the seat frame. Now when the seat comes down hard the spriings catch it. Works well.

I also added 2x4s to between the seat and the tractor frame to give me a little height boost.

/ I need a taller seat on my 3325
Higher. I could add cushion but raising the seat about 8 or so would be what I need.

I never thought of using wood. I may give that a try and I like the spring idea too. Thanks

/ I need a taller seat on my 3325 #8  
I never thought of using wood. I may give that a try and I like the spring idea too. Thanks

This is exactly what I did: just took possession of a 2645 cab and it only comes in shuttle shift. But every time i would pull the shuttle shift I would smack my knee. So I removed the seat and put in a 2x4 on edge to raise the seat 3.5". I put that perforated angle iron you find at hardware stores to match bolt holes and then screwed the bracket to the 2x4 with decking screws. It has held up pretty well so far and no real complaints. It has made the difference between what was a kid-seat and an adult seat without much $ invested.

Thanks for the info