I need some advice....

/ I need some advice....
Jinman,

I like the idea of the valve and adapters on the cross member other than the issues encountered splitting the steel lines and using compression fittings to attach short hoses to them to run to the valve. I was wondering if it is possible to install T fittings where the hoses attach to the steel lines?

/ I need some advice.... #12  
Like others, mine is also on the inside of the loader arms 'for protection'.

Although I couldn't quite round up enough cajones to drill holes in the uprights.

Last edited:
   / I need some advice.... #13  
Thanks Matt, I had not noticed that! That is a good price also-looks nice and compact.

I was thinking the same thing about it being compact; but I figured that by the time one puts elbows on both outlet sides, it may not be as compact as first thought. Of course it all depends on where and how one plans to locate the valve and lines to it.

I just got an email from Surplus Center that my 9-5117-A valve has shipped. That's going to be used for the PB/4th & 5th SCV modification I sent you the schematic on. Now if only it will warm up enough for my cold sensitive hands to work in the garage.

Jinman,

I like the idea of the valve and adapters on the cross member other than the issues encountered splitting the steel lines and using compression fittings to attach short hoses to them to run to the valve. I was wondering if it is possible to install T fittings where the hoses attach to the steel lines?

Please bear with me as I don't know your level of hydraulics expertise; but are you thinking of using the same compression fittings you find at the hardware store? If so, don't as they are not rated for high pressure service.

My only concern about mounting the valve up front is damage from dirt, rocks and other debris that may spill back over the bucket.

/ I need some advice.... #14  
Jinman,

"T's" are not going to do you any good. You must disconnect the lines completely and run them to the diverter. From the diverter, you'll run back to the original fittings and another set to your remote feature for the 4n1 or angle function. On the diverter it's "everything in" and "selected function out x 2"

I suggest you draw out everything on the computer or a rough sketch on paper. Then, start counting fittings and hoses required. When you have everything sketched out, you be able to make yourself a parts list to order all your fittings. With the sketch and list, you'll find plenty of help here.

My personal experience is that steel lines are very easy to work with, but you have to be sure of clearances because you can't move them like flexible hoses. However, I think you'll have plenty of room for 90 degree "L's" so you can route the lines to and from the diverter. Do make sure you use L's where needed to keep lines flat and away from possible snags.

/ I need some advice....
Jinman,

Good Info...Thanks!

/ I need some advice.... #16  
Clif, I'm adding a grapple to my FEL and in need of a solenoid valve. Is the one you got from Ebay the one from "JohnnyBaja", comes in a blue plastic bag, and Code L7323C116B10B010 for $35 (there's another one slightly different for $39 ?) Have you found out anything about it indicating it wouldn't be suitable for your application or my application diverting two FEL curl lines to two grapple lines of a bidirectional grapple cylinder ? Like weird threads or ports, its used and worn, too much current required for the solenoid, not handling enough pressure, whatever... The price is really super, as the SurplusCenter one is $150.

Bob

/ I need some advice....
PM sent