I need some input on roll around tool boxes

/ I need some input on roll around tool boxes #31  
I just bought the US General Full Bank cabinet. It's 44" wide, deep drawers and a place up top for long pry bars and socket organizers. This new box is replacing a little roll around tool cart I have that can't store nearly enough and I'm having to walk between 3 different toolboxes. This new HF box will consolidate my most used tools in a single place and I'll keep the other bigger boxes for the lesser used tools such as the valve spring compressor, timing light, etc. I looked at every brand out there I could drive to a store and get, and for me this was the one that had the most features for my use. Just my $0.02.

/ I need some input on roll around tool boxes #32  
It's time to purchase a new roll cab tool box and upper as well. My ancient Waterloo double box has seen better days and I'm candidly out of room. I have one roll around just for SAE tools and another smaller one for Metric.

Been looking at the Harbor Freight Icon and US General tool boxes as well as the ones at Menards. Not gonna buy a tool truck Snap On or MAC box, just too expensive for me.

I need some input as to quality and personal experiences. I like the US General Series 2 boxes in Kubota orange naturally.

Don't want to take out a second mortgage for a tool box but I don't mind paying a couple grand for them either.

Input please???

/ I need some input on roll around tool boxes #33  
Not exactly brand specific to your post but don't make the same mistake I did and buy a roll around that I regret now because it takes up to much space.
I bought a wide body and now wish I would have went with a narrow tall set up.
Must haves are ball bearing drawers and wheels the bigger the better.

/ I need some input on roll around tool boxes #34  
A few years ago I bought a 52" craftsman bottom box with ball bearing drawers. (mid-range) It's okay for storage but it's horrible to move. You can easily overload the casters and bottom mounting plate before you overload the drawers. The casters would rather try to tip over rather than rotate and turn. My 30 year old Snap-ON is bigger, has more weight and rolls like new.
You get what you pay for.

/ I need some input on roll around tool boxes #35  
The newer line of Craftsman tool boxes that you can find at Lowe's are all made in the USA. Brother in law just got a 52" bottom roller, soft close, latching drawers. Pretty good quality on par or better than the old Craftsman stuff.

/ I need some input on roll around tool boxes #36  
all the tool truck guys push their boxes because there is such a high profit margin, you are just buying a name. In my opinion, as long as they have roller bearings a cheap one will serve the same purpose just as well for many years.

/ I need some input on roll around tool boxes
Presently I'm just shopping. I will buy something after looking at all the options out there. Room isn't an issue, storage in one location is. If you really want to spend a bundle on a tool box, check out the Gerstener wood machinist boxes. I have 2 of them for my precision shop tools. Very expensive, American made (Dayton, Ohio) boxes but not for everyday hand tools, just precision machinist tools of which I have a lot of and those are mostly LS Starrett., Brown and Sharpe or Mitituoyo.

/ I need some input on roll around tool boxes #38  
The newer line of Craftsman tool boxes that you can find at Lowe's are all made in the USA. Brother in law just got a 52" bottom roller, soft close, latching drawers. Pretty good quality on par or better than the old Craftsman stuff.
[/QUOTE]
Yep bought the older 42" model top chest from a Sears closing for my small shop at my cabin. Works great and was priced amazingly low for occasional use, but compare the drawer slides and the thickness of the steel to newer ones, Craftsman, Milwaukee, Husky, HF, it's night and day.

/ I need some input on roll around tool boxes #39  
Input please???
I purchase used SnapOn boxes for the same price as Harbor Freight and others, with infinitely better quality. Most are much higher, but you'd be surprised what you can find on Facebook and CraigsList if you spend a lot of time and don't mind it being an older model and not shiny new. I prefer to buy things once, if possible, and SnapOn definitely fits that bill.

/ I need some input on roll around tool boxes #40  
I've been waiting for my shop to get built to buy 2 of these units. Tool Cabinet - BESTLAND INC. I have 2 52" Home Depot units that I maxed out 3 weeks after buying them, at this point I have dozens of tools in plastic cases on shelves as well, and 2 big stationary units would solve my storage needs for at least a few more years. I usually just put what I need on a service cart and roll it over to where I need it. Also, partially due to overloading drawers, but mostly due to flimsy build standards, I have replaced 3 or 4 sliders in the last 3 years on the HD units.

These are bench style units, though building a dolly with suitable industrial castors to sit them on, would make them movable if needed. Even buying 2 of the stainless ones is still cheaper than 1 52" Snap-on, and having seen the bench units at the supplier when I went to pick up a coverall building I bought last year, they look like they would hold up fine.

Depending on where you are, look on FB Marketplace, Kijiji, Craigslist, or the farm auction sites as they all seem to be made by 2 or 3 places overseas but there are guys reselling them everywhere.

The US General boxes seem well constructed as well, but shipping them up North to us Canadians kills the price advantage.